World and US History 5941

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by frteach, Jan 15, 2016.

1. frteach

frteach Rookie

Jan 15, 2016

Took it this morning and passed with a very respectable score of 170! It was a tough test though, way harder for me that English 5038.

I have no background in history and only decided to take it about 3 weeks ago. I studied a lot over the break and then what I could once school started up again in Jan.

Here is what I used to study:
    A college level text called World Civilizations, A Global Experience- very helpful. I read most of that book and made outlines and restudied those.
    Two other history books- one of which was a illustrated atlas of ancient civilizations- also very helpful for me to see the maps.
    Quizlet- I searched 5941 and found some good study sets
    Exam Edge practice tests- I bought a bundle of 10. I started off not passing them (needed 136 in my state) but by the last one I was consistently up in the 150's. They are VERY helpful for the types of wording the questions will have as well as the material.

The test was supposed to be 50% world history and 50% US history. It didn't feel like they were balanced though. I felt like there were way more World History Questions.

I guess that is all I can safely say without violating confidentiality. I'm pretty darn proud of myself!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    RainStorm likes this.
  3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 15, 2016

Congratulations!

4. frteach

frteach Rookie

Aug 6, 2016

Just wanted to update and add that my state is raising the cut score in this test in 1 year. It will go from 136 up to 160-ish. If you need to take it, take it soon in TN so the old score applies.