Working in early intervention in NJ?

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by lindsey923, Jan 25, 2012.

1. lindsey923

lindsey923 Rookie

Jan 25, 2012

I am very interested in getting my foot in the door in an early intervention program. I have scoured the internet and talked to some of my colleagues (I am currently a teacher assistant in an elementary school, but certified k-5 and with a BA in psychology) but I have not really come up with any useful information or contacts. I understand that because I do not have a SPED certification my options are limited, but I would like to start in the field before going back to school to further my certifications.

While I was teaching pre-k, I had a few students who came in with one to one aides for different reasons and I was always curious about how and where they came about finding their jobs. I know for certain that the one who worked with a young boy I had with social problems was not certified in special ed and possessed only a BA that was not an education degree. She had mentioned to me that her "cousin" got her the job working with the same company as her. I would greatly appreciate any helpful information. Thank you.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jan 25, 2012

I would look into special education cooperatives in the area. See if you have any special education districts near by.

4. bros

bros Phenom

Jan 26, 2012

Try calling some county EIP's.