Work produced in Centers

Discussion in 'General Education' started by AZMrs.S, Jul 23, 2012.

1. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 23, 2012

What do you do with the work that your students produce in Centers? Do you have a central location for them to turn them in? Or does each child have a folder to keep these things in? Do you grade any of this or just look at it for completion? I am just not sure what to do with the work that they will create during centers. A lot of it will be completed on white boards and that type of things, but there are a few things that I want them to actually write out and turn in so I can see it (writings, poems, dictionary activities etc). So, what do you do to organize this stuff? I just don't want it to get mixed in to my normal turn in bin. Any ideas would be appreciated :)

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 23, 2012

I used a composition book for my work stations.

I would do weekly checks.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 23, 2012

Have the students keep it in a notebook or folder. This way you can check it when you want.

If you want to take it for a grade, great. If you want to file it so that you can review it as needed, great. It really is what works for you.

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 23, 2012

Do your kids do individual work in their stations or do they work in pairs/groups?

Mine work in pairs, so I couldn't grade what they did, because it's a group effort. Personally (and I know I work with younger kids) I don't have kids complete assignments in stations-I want them to just practice those skills without having to worry about finishing something before moving on. But, that's me.

6. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 23, 2012

Some of my stuff is groups and some is individual. The "assignments" that they complete are really just ways to practice that skill. I don't think I would really be grading any of it. My biggest thing is where should I have them turn it in and what should I do with it after I've checked it. Do you send this type of stuff home? Or just keep it for records? Thanks for the advice so far.

7. queenie

queenie Groupie

Jul 23, 2012

I usually just check it for completion.

8. MsDeb

MsDeb Comrade

Jul 24, 2012

I keep a work station file crate with folders. The students turn in the work they did in their folder. I just scan it and staple it all together with a weekly reading rubric and send it all home on Fridays.

9. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2012

I don't take grades from center work as it is practice. Love the idea of the notebook.