Word Wall Words

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by mrsammieb, Aug 19, 2006.

1. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Aug 19, 2006

I went looking for the Hall and Cunningham word wall sets, but I didn't see one for K? What words do you put on your walls?

3. jcatblum

jcatblum Rookie

Aug 19, 2006

Post it has preprinted site words!!! Also I print dolch site words off, I don't know which site I printed them off, but there was about 15 pages total.

4. Musicalgator

Musicalgator Companion

Aug 19, 2006

I start with their names, environmental print (such as McDonald's label, Cheerios, etc) I use these b/c it makes them all feel successful b/c most know the environmental print and most are learning their names. After that I start adding sight words/high frequency words (the, like, I, can, etc)

5. mbbreen

mbbreen Rookie

Aug 19, 2006

I also start off with the students names. I also use my curriculum to guide me, when I'm studying short a one of the first words they learn of they year is at. so then we put a p or r or h, etc. in front of at to make new words, those then go on the word wall. I take words down after awhile and put them into a "word wall book" because I run out of room on my word wall.

6. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Aug 19, 2006

Here is a list of words that will be on my word wall by the end of the year.

students names
    color words
    I
    me
    a
    to
    see
    am
    can
    go
    it
    the
    my
    at
    is
    love
    you
    and
    we
    up
    are
    no
    get
    for
    big
    play
    on
    look
    do
    in
    has
    what
    said
    many
    went
    little
    pretty
    because
    does
    come
    could
    down
    jump
    off
    with
    he
    so
    only
    here
    from
    have
    did
    they
    yes
    stop
    way
    she
    this

I also have thematic words that we use throughout the year that are in their own special word wall folders.

7. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 22, 2006

I also have thematic words that we use throughout the year that are in their own special word wall folders.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what you do throughout the year with your word wall folders? How do you organize these? I think this would be a great idea!