word wall storage

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ilovefirst, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Ilovefirst

Ilovefirst Comrade

Jun 7, 2009

Hello all!

The end of the year brings the scramble to get the room packed up and ready for summer cleaning. This year my scramble will be quicker than in the past as we just found out we are first on the cleaning schedule! (YAY! Last year we were last!!!!) In trying to get ready to pack it all up, I'm trying to find better ways to do things. In the past I have taken all of the words off of my word wall and put them into a giant ziploc bag - which works but then I have to dig through all of those to find the words when I'm ready to put them up the next year. There must be a better organized way to store them. How do you all store these words?

Thanks!

3. mustang sally

mustang sally Rookie

Jun 7, 2009

I write on back of the words the unit and chapter they go with and then clip all of the words together. I store all the words in a ziplock.

4. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Jun 7, 2009

I don't know how large your words are, but I store mine alphabatized in a 4x6 file card box with indexed (ABC) dividers. If your words are too big for that, one of those accordion files would work well.

5. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jun 7, 2009

I found accordion files like sevenplus mentions in the $1 spot that are for checks... They work great!

6. Ilovefirst

Ilovefirst Comrade

Jun 7, 2009

Oooh, good ideas! I like the file box for index cards, but mine have velcro on the back so they get too thick when you put them one behind the other. I'll have to get a check accordion file. Thanks!

7. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jun 7, 2009

This is exactly what I was going to say. :thumb: