Woohoo, student teaching done

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by Sean W. Evans, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Sean W. Evans

Sean W. Evans Rookie

Apr 23, 2005

Well, I ended my second student teaching today and it was the most enjoyable, memorable enlightening placement a person can have. Now I wait for my new district to call me with grade and school. All my documents are in order, I know my pay and direction in life. But what is bugging me is this: I have up to two months June 30 (teacher orientation at district) before knowing my placements and what not. I would love to plan some things, but aside from general behavior management and room decor I really can't do much until I know my placement. Oh well, that is my vent and my glory all in one day. :)

3. lowrie

lowrie Companion

Apr 23, 2005

congrats! i have a year left in the B.Ed. program and then next spring i will be celebrating! (all things being equal)

Best of luck in your position!

4. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Apr 24, 2005

i finished my student teaching last friday as well....what a relief!!

I already have my grade and placement information since I was hired last week for 8th grade. So at least I have that, but nothing else.... what am I going to do until July 25th when preplanning begins???

LoL!

5. Sean W. Evans

Sean W. Evans Rookie

Apr 25, 2005

Some resort to sub teaching till the new year. However, I did that for three years, I am in no hurry to do it again. :)

6. chava_1908

chava_1908 Rookie

Sep 15, 2005

congrats to all the new teachers!
    i have questions about the PRAXIS series...when you all took the tests specifically the math on PRAXIS 1 and the elementary content area (0014)
    i'm a teacher's aid who is preparing to take the tests for the second time and any suggestions are greatly appreciated

7. dee

dee Companion

Sep 15, 2005

Chava,

If you have any PRAXIS questions, you can email or PM me and I will be glad to answer them. If you would like you can even give me a call since we are next door to each other. I'll give you my number if you contact me later.

8. chava_1908

chava_1908 Rookie

Sep 16, 2005

:) Dee, thanks for the very kind offer! :love: