Woohoo First Year 6th Grade Teacher

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by shandannon1, Aug 4, 2005.

1. shandannon1

shandannon1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2005

WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night I called the district I lived in to make sure my info was still on file,,,cause I hadnt heard from them all summer. They said yes it was,,but it needed to be updated. So I went to their webpage and updated it. This morning the calls from principals came pouring in. AND I was called in for interview this morning at the elem. school I went to when I was younger. Almost everyone still remembered me,,and I was offered the 6th grade teaching position. This is my first year to be teaching.....AND IAM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!! This was my dream school...and I am so blessed and fortunate. Ive waited a long time for this opportunity and now its finally here!!!!!!!!!! Any tips for 6th grade????
    IAM WAY PUMPED!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!! :)

3. stef527

stef527 Rookie

Aug 4, 2005

thats great...good luck with your first year of teaching!!!Im still waiting to hear if i will have a job this year :)

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Aug 4, 2005

Congratulations!

5. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Aug 4, 2005

Awesome for you... Good luck!!!!! :D

6. teacher62604

teacher62604 Companion

Aug 4, 2005

Congrats!! Have a great year. :)

[​IMG]

7. AChancetoTeach

AChancetoTeach Comrade

Aug 4, 2005

Just goes to prove don't give up! Keep your name out there! Call them! Congrats!!!

8. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Aug 4, 2005

Glad you let us in on your good news. Congratulations!

9. Ellensmom

Ellensmom Companion

Aug 4, 2005

Congratulations. The thing to remember about 6th grade (in my experience) is to keep things fun. Don't have TOO much fun right away or you may lose them from the get go. Be firm but flexible. They are at the age where they want to be "grown up" but still at times need hand holding. I teach 5-8 now and still use stickers on my papers. Let the kids get involved in decorating and other aspects of the daily routine. THey are old enough to help with alot of the mundane daily things you have to do, like lunch count and things like that. Good luck. For more age specific ideas you might want to check out the Secondary Ed board, too.

10. Dee452

Dee452 Comrade

Aug 4, 2005

Congrats!!!