WOMAN QUESTION

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by natjoejag, Jul 27, 2007.

1. natjoejag

natjoejag Companion

Jul 27, 2007

This is personal, but I need to know. It is 2 days before I am supposed to start my period and I am spotting. Does anyone know reasons for starting early. My husband and I have been trying to conceive.:confused:

3. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2007

need more data...
    lots of reason for spotting

do you have sex during periods? maybe you have been spotting all along, and just noticed.

Having sex just day before period seems to bring it down faster, too me anyways.

age, stress, all could be factors

possible growth (non-malignant) outside uterus, and he is bumping it, so it bleeds. You won't feel it, and neither will he.

GYNE won't look at you now. Try to relax, record these facts, and see him next month.

Is it heavy, like a period.
    Or just enough to stain undies?

Wear pads instead of tampons, try to guage how much. Little, lot, looks like a regular period or tail end of it?

Have you been using the pill, or any other b/c?

Did you ever spot before???

Periods are as random as they can come. If you have been pretty regular, 5 days, moderate cramps, every month...this may be stress. You could also skip a month for absolutely no reason at all! Freaked me out when it happened, and learned to ignore it.

Just keep records, continue with your love life, and take notes. If it really bothers you, stop and see ob-gyn as soon as period is over.

Have you told hubby? Maybe he has noticed it too. Tell him your concerns, and jot down as much as you can, notes will help dr.

4. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jul 27, 2007

Have you been stressed??

5. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 27, 2007

My cycles have shifted their patterns over the years. Used to be real heavy at first and then taper off, then spotty at either end and heavy in the middle, then spotty for a few days and heavy at the end with an abrupt stop. I'm so irregular though, you may not want to use me as a guide. Mom has said many times though that things do change patterns.

6. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Jul 27, 2007

My cycle started changing a few years ago, too. Now I spot for a solid week before I start!

7. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2007

Could you be pregnant?

8. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2007

Duh!!!! why didn't I think of that!!!

9. natjoejag

natjoejag Companion

Jul 27, 2007

Yes, we are trying. Is that a sign??????

10. azteacher3

azteacher3 Companion

Jul 27, 2007

I'm 4 weeks pregnant so I have been doing a lot of research :)

Some woman can have spotting a few days before or when their period is due and be pregnant. It's called implantation bleeding, which is when the fertalized egg implants itself into the uterus. It happens 7-10 days after ovulation.

I tested 5 days early with a First Response and got a faint positve line. It wouldn't hurt to test... Good luck!

11. natjoejag

natjoejag Companion

Jul 27, 2007

Thanks! I have a 5 year old, but you forget everything so fast. Congrats, on your pregnancy!!

12. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2007

wow...great news...

Nice to meet you Az! Congratulations to you and hubby on your little Easter Bunny next spring!

13. azteacher3

azteacher3 Companion

Jul 27, 2007

Thanks natjoejag and master pre-k! It still hasn't sunk in yet and it will be interesting starting school in a few weeks!

I hope you get a little one soon natjoejag!

14. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2007

yeah me too nat!

my daughter will be 24 this year, and that's how old I was when I was pregnant!

seems like centuries ago. :)

15. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2007

ur welcome! you may have to start your own thread, pregnant, teaching, and loving it!

16. azteacher3

azteacher3 Companion

Jul 28, 2007

Master - lol. We'll have to see about the loving it part! The morning sickness has already started - not fun!

17. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 28, 2007

crackers by the bed, even before you brush your teeth

never go 4 hrs without food

anybody else???

18. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Jul 28, 2007

Finding out you are craving foods that you formerly hated...

19. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 28, 2007

strawberries!

I love them ....never could look at them bb

before baby!

20. caslan

caslan Rookie

Jul 28, 2007

I second the "never go 4 hours w/o food" comment. If I ever got too hungry I had a gagfest. Ugh. My youngest is 2 mo old, so I taught this last year while I was pg with her. My next youngest is 13 mo old, so I did my student teaching while pg with him. It wasn't too bad unless I was feeling icky. They all understood when I had to have an occasional cracker during class. It was either that or have a gagging fit in class. :) Congrats!

21. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 28, 2007

nice to meet you caslan...

and you can stash your milk in a solid color water bottle. I have two lunch bags, and three ice packs. Always keep water too. Most principals won't actual check your bottle! They only get on the teachers walking around with a Starbucks coffee cup or can of Pepsi! Keep a few granola bars in your desk. When your kids have snack, you eat your snack, and drink milk. I always hid snacks in my apron, and munched on the playground!

22. natjoejag

natjoejag Companion

Jul 28, 2007

Well I am not pregnant this month! I just started early--isn't great to be a female. I am really nervous about having a baby. I wanted to have a baby in March, April, or May, at the latest June and so I had a long time before mid-August to spend with the baby before going back to school. I don't know if I am going to get so lucky. My son, I was pregnant the moment I thought about trying. It is so hard waiting through each month to see if I am. Well we haven't been trying long at all--I have friends who have tried for years and it still hasn't happened.

23. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Jul 28, 2007

Natjoejag - Relax, stop thinking so much about it and it will happen. You might just be stressing yourself out a bit.

24. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 28, 2007

I had a friend who had periods the entire time of her third pregnancy!

or I think the first 6 months...

25. azteacher3

azteacher3 Companion

Jul 29, 2007

Natjoejag - I'm sorry you're not pregnant this month. I know how disapointing that can be! There's always next month! And I'm sorry for hijacking your thread:hijack: (but now I can use this cute smilie)
    If you ever want to get really into trying to conceive, I used ovulation predictor kits and started taking my basal body temperature this month (fertilityfriend.com is a great website with lots of info). There are also a ton of websites/message boards out there for women who are trying to get pregnant. Good luck!

Thank you all for your advise! I'm trying to snack throughout the day and that seems to help. I luckily have a bathroom in my room in case I ever need it.

26. science goon

science goon Rookie

Jul 29, 2007

It was so much fun to be pregnant while teaching. My third and fourth graders were so excited to watch my belly (and thighs, and legs...) grow! And now my 14 month old daughter is like a celebrity to them. My class was so understanding of how I was hungry all the time and how it would take 2 of the kids to help me get up off the floor. They were always trying to take care of me and were gentler around me. One of my girls would rub my belly every day and sing to it and she is convinced that she is my daughter's favorite in the class.

27. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2007

Its okay azteach3. That's not a hijack...you are on the same subject...it is still related to the topic...you are good.

Now say, you wanted to know why your new plants keep from Home Depot always seem to have little bugs, and your wondering if you should buy bug spray, or just toss the plant. So you decided to buy plants for a garden store only....

Ooops, did I just slide that in? :p

28. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2007

that is great news! and I am glad you found us!!!