Wishlist for ELL supplies and materials

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by 4alicat, Apr 1, 2009.

1. 4alicat

4alicat Companion

Apr 1, 2009

Our school found out that we have a big chunk of funds specifically designated for ELL students that were released from the state. We have some ideas of what we'd like to purchase with it, but would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

3. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Apr 1, 2009

Mondo Publishing has a program called Let's Talk About It that fosters language and reading/writing that I think is wonderful for ELL students. There is an option to have the text in English and Spanish if you serve a lot of native spanish speakers. The program is mainly an oral language program, but of course all language must begin with the oral component first and I really enjoy using it - it is easy to use and fun for the kids. A set costs about $200.

4. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Apr 1, 2009

Illustrated children's dictionaries. They have helped my class immensely. Now they even read them for fun!

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Apr 2, 2009

I buy the "baby" dictionary sets that have one book for each subject - food, clothing, animals, toys, etc... They are perfect for kindergarten and first grade because they aren't as bulky and they are already starting with the correct subject.

6. maroki

maroki Comrade

Apr 2, 2009

Illustrated vocabulary cards

Books on tape

7. 4alicat

4alicat Companion

Apr 2, 2009

Thank you for your suggestions!! We're putting lists together and then we'll have to prioritize how we want the $ spent.