Wish me luck!

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by SpecEdTeacher, Sep 5, 2006.

1. SpecEdTeacher

SpecEdTeacher Companion

Sep 5, 2006

We had our back to school faculty meeting today where i got to meet all of the other teachers in the school. I also finally met the assistants that will be working in my classroom. Everyone is so nice...but that isn't easing my anxiety. Please please please tell me that everyone is nervous and thinks they don't know what they are doing when they start teaching!

Anyway, tomorrow is the first day of school...wish me luck!

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 5, 2006

Fake it 'til you make it. Is that the saying? Anyway, I think many of us are faking it part of every single day. It usually works out just fine. And this is years after starting teaching!! Set one of your goals to 'have fun every day'. It can be much better than just fine, it can be great. Let us kow how it went!

4. mnteacherguy

mnteacherguy Companion

Sep 5, 2006

I just finished my first couple days of teaching. I was SO nervous the morning before my classes. But once I was 5 minutes into my first class, everything just flowed. I like the fake it 'til you make it. I've realized I can't pour my heart and soul into every lesson (a person would go insane from lack of sleep and personal life). Try to plan good lessons each day, correct homework daily, but also set a time where you just drop it, go home to your family, or go do something YOU enjoy. I also like the "have fun every day!". I have that posted right above my computer. Remember they are KIDS, and just have fun teaching what you teach