Wish list...what should I ask for?

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by mduenas, Aug 10, 2007.

1. mduenas

mduenas Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

On the Friday before school starts, my school is having their open house (like most school are). I am going to make a bulletin board that is going to say "I am wishing a star!" I am going to put a buch of stars on the board that each have one thing that I would like parents to donate to the classroom.

I work for a charter school, therefore, for every child that goes to the school, their parents MUST volunteer 30 hours of their time to the school and class where their child is...some parents cannot take time off of work so we have a policy that they can substitute 1 hour for $15 dollars...so, if they buy things for my class, they can bring in the recipts and time will be taken off of their required 30 hours. (If they don't complete 30 hours during the school year, their child WILL be withdrawn form the school and will not be able to return the following year.

SOOOO....I don't know what to ask for....can anyone make suggestions???!!! Thanks!:rolleyes:

3. hdmeza

hdmeza Companion

Aug 10, 2007

Books,
    supplies of staples, tape, teacher markers
    hand sanitizer
    tissues
    cleaning/dissenfecting wipes
    plant
    floor cushions (for reading)
    age/grade level games
    craft supplies
    easel
    office supplies
    snacks w/ shelf life
    party favors for goodie box

4. mduenas

mduenas Rookie

Aug 11, 2007

Cool...I don't think I would have thought of alot of those (like board games)!!!

5. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Aug 11, 2007

Bags of invidually wrapped candy like smarties, starbust...etc.

I plan to ask for kitchen baggies in a variety of sizes.

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2007

lucky! :)

I would definitely say tissues and hand sanitizer and my tops. Then books, because that means the kids are probably picking them out for the classroom and will be more likely to read them.

7. mduenas

mduenas Rookie

Aug 11, 2007

I actually went to BJ's wholesale and purchased lots of large packages of assorted candies already...they will eventually run out so I will keep that in mind!

Thanx!

8. mduenas

mduenas Rookie

Aug 11, 2007

That is a good idea...if books are chosen by the kids themselves, they chose them because they were interested in them! Interest generates motivation for reading!

Thanx!

9. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Aug 11, 2007

I really like the idea of having a bulletin board stating what you need. I'm starting in a new classroom that has no supplies. I think I might do something like this for art supplies....For people who have done this in the past, have you had a lot of good experience? I don't want to offend my parents.