Wireless slate

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Darkhorse, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Companion

Nov 19, 2008

I have recently fallen into very good luck in getting a new laptop and a projector for my classroom for just over a hundred dollars. I am thrilled at getting these as I will be the only teacher in my school that has this. (We do have one laptop/projector setup for the entire school to checkout for certain time increments.) While looking for ways to use this best in the classroom, I came across ideas for a wiimote interactive whiteboard and people who seem to prefer a wireless slate. I would love to incorporate either one of these to go with my new setup.

I think I have decided on the wireless slate. But I am curious if it is worth it. So I am looking for elementary teachers who use a wireless slate like the Smart Airliner or the Interwrite in their classrooms. What do you think about the wireless slate? Is it worth it in an elementary classroom or is it better for secondary? What else could you tell me to convince me that getting the wireless state is the better option?

Any opinions would be appreciated. :thanks:

3. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Nov 19, 2008

Interwrite pads are great! They are not something that typically gets used on a daily basis. But they are great for involving the students with things that are being projected. It's also great because you can do your lesson on the projector and still walk around the room and have better management because you aren't tied to your desk clicking the mouse or whatever.