Wire shelving/organization on sale at Target

Discussion in 'General Education' started by emmakate218, Jul 29, 2008.

1. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jul 29, 2008

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I just took a closer look at the Target weekly ad for this week and they have three black wire shelving items on sale this week. A tall 5 shelf open bookcase for $29, a 3 shelf open bookcase for $12, and a set of 6 cubes that connect together for $12. I'm going to stop by Target tomorrow while I'm out and get the set of 6 cubes. Did anyone buy any of these products this week?

3. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 29, 2008

I purchased the 6 cubes that snap together. My store had them marked for $5.99 each on the shelf. When I went to check out it came up $12.99 but because of the shelf price I got them for $5.99 When I went to pay I asked the cashier if they give teacher discounts. He said sure and knocked another $1 off. I bought two. But I must say you need two people to put them together (one a strong one) in order to snap the pieces together.

4. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Jul 29, 2008

I did not buy them this week. But I did buy them last spring. I took over a class in Dec. By the spring I really wanted cubbies. So when I saw these on sale at target I grabbed 6 sets. They work well but I am going to ziptie them together this year to help stabilize them a little more.

5. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 29, 2008

I've had those cubes, they are in my closet now, because I could not get them together, they are tough to do! Once they are together, they are fairly sturdy...

6. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 29, 2008

Here's the link to this weeks ad. The wire shelves are on page 11.

7. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Jul 29, 2008

I will have to try that, I had such a hard time keeping them together. It drove the kids and me nuts!

8. Ems

Ems Rookie

Jul 30, 2008

I have a lot of them in my room. I never could get them together right, but my husband came in a few weeks ago with me and he popped them right in. When they are done correctly they do not break apart at all....you just need to be really strong, I guess!

9. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jul 30, 2008

How do you use your cubbies? I have some space under my chalkboard where I was thinking of putting the cubes. I don't want the desks to become a garbage trap again! I thought maybe their book boxes (the $1 kind from Target) and readers and writers workshop binders?

10. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 30, 2008

My six cute wire rack is laying in a big heap. It kept falling apart during the school year and those little round things that hold it together kept coming off and my kids kept handing them to me, so they were all over my room. I need to put it back together. Zip ties might be a good idea.

11. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 30, 2008

Are these strong enough to hold 3 or 4 text books in each cube? I need cubbies in my room and this seems like the most inexpensive way to go, if they are strong enough!

12. LinzerCastle

LinzerCastle Rookie

Jul 30, 2008

My cubes kept falling apart last year, too! I finally had my husband come in and snap them together and that didn't see to hold very long either. Maybe my kids were just too rough. If the zip ties work, let me know. I would like to use the cubes for something this year!

13. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 30, 2008

Isn't it always that way? UGGGGH! My hubby loves to (teasing of course) rub it in when he does something that I've been trying to do.