Winter Break gifts

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by lilune, Nov 24, 2011.

1. lilune

lilune Rookie

Nov 24, 2011

What do you give to your students (if anything) for Christmas before they leave for Winter Break? I was thinking a book (also... where's the best place to buy a group of books at a low cost?) along with maybe a journal and pencil.

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Nov 24, 2011

I usually give the kids a book from scholastic. If both my classes celebrate the Christmas season, they usually run a special on THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER. It is a great little book that is fun no matter WHAT your reading level! If I have some kids that do not celebrate holidays, I will choose another title that perhaps has a winter theme. We are all celebrating Christmas this year, so my plan is the same. :)

4. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Nov 24, 2011

A few years ago my friend that works at General Mills gave me a huge box of books that came out of the cereal boxes. I usually give 2 of those books, something small, and some candy.

This year I found cheap holiday pencils in the Target dollar section and some holiday puzzle books at Walgreens. I'll probably include the books and candy also.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 24, 2011

Book from Scholastic, a packet of hot chocolate, and a Little Debbie gingerbread man (bought these already, they sell out fast!) in a cellophane baggie tied with curly ribbon and a tag that says 'curl up with a good book'.:love:

6. starbucks

starbucks Comrade

Nov 24, 2011

I usually give them a Scholastic Book using bonus points. I also get them each a jar of Playdough and a Christmas cookie cutter. I let them play with their Playdough/cookie cutter on the last day before break (which fills up some time on the last day!). They love it!

This year I decided to also get a class gift. I have been teaching for 15 years and some of my "toys" are starting to look shabby. I decided that I will try to find something that the boys and girls will both like - maybe some type of building/manipulative sort of thing. It will be a little bit more money, but the gift will stay in my room and will hopefully be enjoyed by many more classes of kids.

7. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Dec 1, 2011

Something from oriental trading
    coloring book, crayons, pencil, stickers - whatever I see that I like.

This year I am not in the classroom until january. When I see them in December I will give them a clementine

8. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Dec 1, 2011

I got my students each 3 pencils, a candy cane, a pencil sharpener, and a book from Scholastic.

9. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Dec 1, 2011

I always buy them a new box of crayons to restock their crayon box. I get them at the start of the school year when they are so cheap!

10. SBP0429

SBP0429 Rookie

Dec 2, 2011

I usually get Christmas pencils, Christmas erasers, candy, etc. and put it in a cute little Christmas bag! :)

11. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2011

I forgot to buy my Christmas crayons at the back-to-school sales this year. :(

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 2, 2011

My Scholastic books came today...a copy of 'Sideways Stories From Wayside School' for each student.:)