Wilson Training

Discussion in 'General Education' started by NewTeacher12345, Sep 3, 2020.

1. NewTeacher12345

NewTeacher12345 Rookie

Sep 3, 2020

Hi there! Has anyone ever done the Wilson Level 1 Training? I have an opportunity to complete the training and its being payed for by my district. I am currently very stressed about online teaching and the uncertainty of it all, and am also enrolled in grad school. I am unsure of the workload that comes with it, and also how it will all work if we are teaching remotely. Please share any experiences you have had with it! Was it worth it? Time consuming? Thanks!

3. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Sep 4, 2020

I haven’t done it but I’d like to! Any training like that is generally helpful and looks good on a resume.

4. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Sep 6, 2020

I did it a couple of years ago. There is no way I'd do it concurrently with a separate grad school program, even in normal times. It is very time intensive, as it requires online asynchronous learning on your part, plus you have to tutor a practicum student one-on-one for up to a year (or possibly more, depending on the circumstances). Now that you throw in the learning curve that comes with remote teaching in a pandemic, it would be incredibly overwhelming to add on the Wilson training. I highly recommend the training, especially if your district will cover the cost, but it's not something I'd recommend that you take on unless you have the time to devote to it. The one exception is that might make me reconsider is if you are able to do your practicum tutoring with one of your students during the normal school day. But even then it would be a lot to take on, especially having to do the practicum tutoring virtually.

Let me know if you have further questions.

otterpop likes this.
  5. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Sep 6, 2020

I missed the grad school part! It’s so hard to commit to things this year with such uncertainty in school scheduling.

6. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Sep 13, 2020

If you don't do it, can I have your spot? haha