Willingness to train?

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by Backroads, May 4, 2010.

1. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

May 4, 2010

So I'm on the job hunt right now...

I was looking at a new Montessori academy that is opening in my city. The ad says preference may be given to Montessori teachers or teachers willing to be trained in the method.

I've been reading up on Montessori for years and honestly think it fits my teaching philosophy. However, does that sound legitimate?

I mean, heck, I'd love to be trained in the method. But I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.

Does that sound legitimate in regard to teachers?

3. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

May 4, 2010

Yep it sounds legit. It is difficult to find teachers trained in Montessori. Sometimes a school will offer to train someone. You may be asked to sign a contract that will need to work for them a certain amount of time.

4. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

May 5, 2010

I agree with Patty. Montessori schools sometimes have a difficult time finding people who are trained at a certain level and who want to work there. When that's the case, they will pay for training in exchange for a guarantee of a certain number of years working for them.

The training may involve classes over the summer, during the school year and then more the following summer.

I would think that if it's a Montessori school they would definitely need people trained, or willing to be trained.