willing to move

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by livelaughteach, May 13, 2008.

1. livelaughteach

livelaughteach Rookie

May 13, 2008

I live in Southern Illinois near all my family. I am willing to move no more then 6 hours away for a teaching job. Does anyone know of places that need elementary teachers? Has anyone ever used the site teachers-teachers or any other site to find a job? Thanks for any input!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 13, 2008

The districts that I've applied for don't use a general job search site, save the regional one in which they belong to. What I would do is find all the districts that are within a 6 hour radius of where you are now and go from there. Good luck!

4. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

May 13, 2008

If you're interested in working at a private school any where around the US, I used a free for teachers service that takes your information and sends it out to different private schools. Send me a pm if you'd like more info :)

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 13, 2008

I've used teacher-teachers.com and there are a lot of postings on there. Most of them will still make you fill out their own applications, but it's a good place to find open jobs. Good luck!

6. ChristianJock

ChristianJock Rookie

May 13, 2008

After trying for nearly 2 years to find a job in WI, IL, Mn, and Michigan, I went to teachers-teachers site and applied elsewhere around the US.

Within 24 hours of posting all my information and uploading all my documents, I had 4 interviews in Florida. I've been here ever since teaching 2nd grade.

I don't want to get your discouraged, but there are tons of folks that's been applying in the area you're willing to relocate to, including myself. After close to 500 resume packets being sent out, I've only had 3 interviews in the past 4 years. :(

But good luck to you! If you're willing to relocate further away, there are numerous opening here in N. Florida.

:up:

7. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

May 13, 2008

Hi, I live in Illinois also but in the northern Rockford area. There are elementary jobs posted here but competition is stiff! I even had one district tell me to think about becoming a teachers aide in their district in order to get a foot in the door. They said they only hire from their sub/teachers aide pool, as they did this year. I am not even considering that route at this point, especially because I can not afford to pay a sitter for teachers assistant pay. I am subbing though but only my kid's district because it works for me. However, if I was single, I might have considered it. Good luck with your job search!

8. glenn

glenn Rookie

May 13, 2008

Arizona is 6 hours or less by plane. Somehow I do not think that is what you had in mind at any rate PM me if you want more info about jobs in AZ.

9. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

May 13, 2008

teachers-teachers lists many openings and job fairs. I know our district lists on them, and many others do too. It doesn't cost you anything, but your time to set up your account.

We have jobs here, but are more than 6 hours away, so that is no help. Good luck in your job search.