wild animal art ideas

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by maggie123, Mar 6, 2011.

1. maggie123

maggie123 Rookie

Mar 6, 2011

I'm doing a wild animal theme. I have plenty of lessons but I'm coming up short on art.

Any good art ideas for wild animals? Looking for something a little creative.
    thank you for your help.

3. saralynn2006

saralynn2006 Companion

Mar 7, 2011

what about making animal masks? then you can use them for a music/movement activity as well! im going to be doing that next month! :)

4. nyprekteacher85

nyprekteacher85 Rookie

Mar 7, 2011

Not sure about the ages of your students but my toddlers and I did a zoo theme a few weeks ago, I posted pictures of all the art projects we did on my blog at:

http://baublesbeadsandbulletinboards.blogspot.com/

I think it is the second entry down the page we did bears, zebras, elephants, and monkeys throughout the week. They all came out so cute. We used a variety of materials and the kids had a great time. I also make playdough (just white) and added black gel food coloring with them and had them pull it and knead it and it created a marble effect for a while that really looked like zebra stripes.

We also made coffee playdough and used the toy animals to make tracks in the playdough. It was great! My classroom smelled like starbucks all week!

Good Luck!:thumb:

5. SamIAm

SamIAm Companion

Mar 7, 2011

6. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Mar 7, 2011

If you are thinking of zoo wild animals (vs. backyard critters) you could do a collage of "skins" in either fabric or paper squares...leopard spots, zebra stripes, crinkled elephant hide, peacock feathers, boa constrictor scales, etc.

Another idea is that you could put out a variety of shaped papers and have the children make a paper bag animal from their imagination.

And one more idea is to put out your large plastic animals and paints and have the children make animal tracks across their paper.

7. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 8, 2011

Marble painting can make a cool zebra.

tearing paper is such a good pre-writing skill... what about tearing brown paper into giraffe or leopard spots??

8. maggie123

maggie123 Rookie

Mar 13, 2011

Thanks for the great ideas!!