Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by AMK, Jan 7, 2009.

1. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jan 7, 2009

I am loving my Wii fit. I did it for an hr tonight. Anyone else have it?

3. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jan 7, 2009

I would love one!!! I don't have one...do you feel like you get a workout?

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 7, 2009

I would like to know what kind of workout you get as well.

5. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jan 7, 2009

There are all kinds of workouts on it. I did a run for 12 minutes tonight along with a bunch of other things. Somethings I am better at than others. There are aerobics, strength, balance and yoga workouts.
    It takes my BMI and weight everyday. I set a goal for myself on it and such.

6. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Jan 7, 2009

YES!!! Just got it for Christmas and LOVE it. I was ticked off that I got sick yesterday (vertigo-kinda kept me from using it!) and couldn't use it yesterday or today.

I definitly feel the workout too-the yoga stretches, strength training are very good IMO. The balance and aerobics are fun and work you out too. I totally stink at the "advanced" (or whatever it's called) step aerobics!! Oh well.

7. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Jan 8, 2009

i have one but i never use it. how is it? can you really feel the burn?

8. Lives4Math

Lives4Math Comrade

Jan 8, 2009

I have it. I'm currently doing weight watchers and have joined a gym as well. My Wii is at my boyfriends house instead of mine. On days that I go to his house I use it while i'm waiting for him to get home from work just to get in some sort of activity on days that I don't go to the gym. I love it! :)

9. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Jan 8, 2009

I just decided that I really want one. So you just buy a wii and then the wii fit games for it?

Also how much is everything approx?

10. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 8, 2009

Well, let's see the wii is like $250, I think, and the wii fit game, which comes with the board, is almost $100.

I got it a while ago when they were super hard to get. I totally lucked out. I love it, but am really bad about using it daily. I can easily work out for an hour on it too, and still have fun, and not board. My faves are the step aerobics, the strength training exercises, and hula hoop. I do yoga, but doing it on the wii actually stresses me out, which defeats the whole purpose. I mean, they do make you realize how you are standing and your posture and everything, they are good, but I stress so much about getting that green dot in the right spot and all that.

11. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Jan 9, 2009

Hmm...I think I'm going to go to best buy to check it out.

12. 'Lizbeth

'Lizbeth Rookie

Jan 9, 2009

I have one and I love it! Well, technically it is my sister's Wii, but we share pretty well. I haven't used it in the last 2 days because I have an eye infection that is gross, and also contagious so I am trying not to touch too many things around my apartment since I don't want my sister to get my eye thing. I miss using it though, and I was going to use it today but I woke up with my eye worse than yesterday ( :confused: ) So I don't think I will use it today since I have to hold the remote so much. I love doing the hula hoops and I am getting better at the step areobics. I like the balancing exercises and yoga, I HATE the upper body strength training, but that's because I have zero upper body strength and those are hard! :lol: I have never been much for video games but I love the Wii Fit.