Wii and Kinect Games

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Jun 18, 2011.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 18, 2011

Which ones do you like and why?
    I just tried Kinect and a friends house and it was great. We have a Wii but may buy a Kinect if the prices go down with money from the Wii etc.

3. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jun 18, 2011

My kids have the XBox Kinect. I'm not always crazy about it simply because when they are playing games, they play with people from around the world. I'm always in the room when they are playing but one night some guy was using very terrible language. They had to leave the game. Now they mainly play with their friends in their own parties.

Both are cool though! I love Wii games like bowling and tennis. The xbox has some fun ones too though.

4. LUCHopefulTeach

LUCHopefulTeach Habitué

Jun 18, 2011

I love my Xbox Kinect. I have Kinect Sports and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.

Go Fourth- When I play Kinect Sports on Xbox Live, a screen always pops up before hand and asks if I'm okay with showing video/audio of myself to the other player and I select no. I don't see them, they don't see me. I don't hear them, they don't hear me. There's also ways in general to eliminate those aspects in parental controls. If its something you seriously dislike you could also stop buying them Xbox Live which would totally eliminate the problem as they don't need to play online to enjoy the game.

5. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2011

My daughter is having a sleep over now and they are playing kinect dance central. My daughter is 14 and her older sister who is 21 is also playing. They seem to be having fun!

6. dibba

dibba Rookie

Jun 19, 2011

Forget the Wii, now that the Kinect controller is available for the Xbox it puts the Wii in the dust.

That being said, we have a Kinect but don't use it very much, but this fall the new Xbox dashboard will use the Kinect as well, so I'm thinking we'll use it more when it becomes more integrated into the UI.

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 19, 2011

We looked at the Kinect... but were sad to see that it was only for 2 players instead of 4 like a lot of the Wii games!!

8. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 19, 2011

We played with 4 people but yeah you have to take turns during the same game...at least the ones we did.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 19, 2011

That's what I mean... on the Wii you can have 4 people say Dancing the Just Dance games!!! Super fun if you have the room!!!
    Sorry I should've made that more clear!!!