Why we love our pets...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mmswm, Oct 26, 2010.

1. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Oct 26, 2010

I have an almost 6 month old kitten named Molly (plus a 4mo kitten and a 6yo cat). Molly is the sweetest thing ever. She firmly believes that her "place" is in the lap of anybody who's sad, crying, or sick. My middle son isn't feeling so well. He started complaining of a toothache yesterday (dentist appt tomorrow) and today had a migraine. The poor kid is falling apart. So, sweet little Molly is been super glued to Stuart's side all night. She wouldn't even move for treats. I made tuna sandwiches for my dinner and she didn't even look over. Her job, as she sees it, is to make sure she does her part to make the sad person feel better. I think it's just the sweetest thing ever :wub:

3. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Oct 26, 2010

Awww that is so sweet to read! Thanks for sharing happy stories!

My dog licked my almost "rash" I had on my arm even though it was about the size of a quarter. It made me all teary-eyed because of animals compassion toward people! He also looks at me when I'm crying or knows when I need the extra company.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 26, 2010

Sweet!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 26, 2010

I love my pup!! He always makes me happy no matter how bad I'm feeling. He always wants to go back to bed in the mornings and will stand by the bed and look back at me while I'm getting ready in the mornings.

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Oct 26, 2010

If I'm feeling particularly bluesy, our alpha guinea pig, Violet, insists that I pick her up for cuddles. She then burrows into my chest, tugs on my hair and PURRS. Not even my cat is that compassionate.

[​IMG]

7. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Oct 26, 2010

My hubs has been traveling for 2 straight weeks, and will hopefully be coming home next week. My doggie waits for me at the door, and always lets me know she misses me, and cuddles me at night. I just don't know what I'd do without her....she's the best!

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Oct 26, 2010

My dog, Goldie, is glued to my GS when he is here. She will sleep in his bed, lay on the floor beside him. She greets him at the door. She sleeps all day, and doesn't move unless someone comes to play. (I had an occasion to call the fire department once, and Goldie never moved, and a fireman finally asked me if she was stuffed.)