Why must lesson plans templates be created by those who don't teach

Discussion in 'General Education' started by tchr4evr, Aug 21, 2014.

1. tchr4evr

tchr4evr Companion

Aug 21, 2014

Just a vent,

We got our new lesson plan template today. It is basically lines to write incredibly complex ************ that in no way helps me teach. There is not a place to put homework, long-term projects etc. And it only works if you are teaching a class that relates directly to SOLS. I am teaching two courses that do not have SOLs, one is a DE class so it's based on a college curriculum, and these other is a catch-up class. Basically, I will be writing 30 pages of lesson plans a week. 2 per day, 5 days per week (30 pages)

Oh the joy!

3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Aug 21, 2014

Teachers are too busy teaching to bother coming up with lesson plan formats.

Alternate answer... the most powerful educational figures in the country have less teaching experience combined than a teacher up for tenure, so why would they start listening to us now?

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 21, 2014

A teacher friend of mine was saying last night that she has to have a 5 page lesson plan for each subject. She's been teaching for over 20 years so does not need a 'scripted' lesson plan like these are going to end up being.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 21, 2014

Spam has been deleted from this thread; apologies to the OP, whose most recent post was incidental catch.

6. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 21, 2014

Hugs. That so sucks :( We get to create our own so my P gets many different types!

7. teacherbatman

teacherbatman Companion

Aug 21, 2014

The same reason a lot of other policy is created by those who have no idea. Post #2 hits it pretty well.

8. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Aug 21, 2014

These type of LPs are not for teachers' use; they are used by Admin to say that teachers are (or are not) doing their jobs/doing their professional duties. Not having LPs completed is an easy way to mark people off of their evals.

I work at a charter where LPs and other useless paperwork are demanded and filed every year as data to help get our charter renewed.

9. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 21, 2014

Preach it, sister! I'll have about thirty pages for two subjects. It's insane.