Why me?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by flutetoot, Sep 2, 2009.

1. flutetoot

flutetoot Companion

Sep 2, 2009

Okay, warning...this is a major gripe.

As I mentioned in a different post, I decided to take a part-time para job, 1.) hoping that it may lead to something else 2.) until something else comes along 3.)to keep me active in teaching.

I went yesterday to do the paperwork and get fingerprinted. I was hoping that I could at least start next week, after Labor Day. Well, I was told yesterday that they would have to wait until my prints came back, which usually takes 3-4 WEEKS! :eek:

I know, at least I have a job, but I really need $$$ NOW! Not to mention, I have been fingerprinted by other districts already - why can't they just share the results??? :confused:

It is so frustrating - I just want to start working....:beatdeadhorse:

Thanks and good luck to all.....

3. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Sep 2, 2009

Whoa...3 to 4 weeks. We must have super speedy finger-printing. It doesn't take nearly that long.

And yes...I have been finger-printed... ummm... at three different places. One area uses the high school. Another uses the county department of education. And the third...a HUGE district, does it themselves.

Well... pick a project around your house, or something you have always wanted to do...and DO IT!

(ME? I desperately want to go to visit my father (83) in Florida. I havent' seen him in over a year. I swore when I get a job, or in September if I didn't, that I would go down to stay with him for a week. During the summer it was applications, applications, applications and now... my son has some problems - and I can't get away.)

Do all the things you WANTED to do in the summer but couldn't (because you were on the search). Paint your home/room. Rearrange the furniture, resting secure that you HAVE a job-but not yet.

Toot, this is YOUR summer...go, enjoy!

4. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

Sep 2, 2009

I rearranged my furniture today!

5. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Sep 2, 2009

Everything happens for a reason... :)

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2009

Hope they get it back quicker than that!

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Sep 2, 2009

I'm sorry, toot.

8. kilikena0310

kilikena0310 Companion

Sep 2, 2009

I'm sorry toot. It's too bad things like that take so long. I like McKenna's advice though. Sleep in, be lazy, enjoy this little vacation! Before you know it, you'll be waking up early, on your feet all day, and working hard!

9. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 2, 2009

See if you can get a name clearance...

10. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 2, 2009

Or a temp permit from your state's education office while you're waiting for results. See if they have that in your state!

11. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Sep 2, 2009

I'm sorry. You'd think they would have hired people a few weeks ago if they knew it would take that long. Hope it goes by quickly for you OR you get a teaching job in that time!