Why I still love this job

Discussion in 'General Education' started by stephenpe, Jan 25, 2014.

1. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Jan 25, 2014

Just in the last few weeks: A child shared her cracker jacks with me yesterday when it was soooooo cold. Elisia loves me because I taught most of her relatives. Always wants a hug when she sees me every other day. A deer ran through my playground this week. Huge doe headed toward my daughter's first grade teacher's house (who had her baby today). The secretary asked me to go get the fifth grade teacher and her two kids because she had lost her keys. She lives out in the woods just outside of town. And yesterday (Friday) when I let them choose their activity, my 4th and 5th went to the soccer fields, made up teams and played the whole time (after they all did a 1/2 mile in laps) without fussing or complaining. The girls got up a game and the boys did, too.
    Been awhile since I had a group like this that can get along and cooperate so well. They have good leaders and that is the key.
    My great friend the 5th grade (the other school not the one I drove to school) teacher agreed to come out later with the fourth so I could warm up some and spend less time in the cold.

3. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Jan 25, 2014

Awesome! :)

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 25, 2014

We had a pack of wild coyotes loose on campus not too long ago. That's sort of similar.