Why do you want to teach?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Lardygeezer, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Lardygeezer

Lardygeezer Comrade

Jan 4, 2006

While I'm browsing here in this forum I have another question. The question is just my own curiosity

The question I have is aimed at the students who are in a teaching program at college or in student teaching (credentialing) why they chose this profession?

Why do you want to be a teacher. I'm looking for a succinct one or two sentence response - that should be easy eh! ;)

:thanks:

3. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Jan 10, 2006

i want to make a difference in the life of a child.i remember every one of my teachers in elementary school and they were all inspirational to my lfe in their own way. and i hope i can help a young child to see how wonderful knowledge can be.

4. teacherece

teacherece Cohort

Jan 10, 2006

I want to teach to help foster the love of learning and make a difference in the lives of children. I believe that teaching chooses us, we don't choose teaching.:D

5. kermy

kermy Companion

Jan 12, 2006

I want to foster a good self image in my students and help them feel needed in the community at large. I want my studnets to be leaders in our society.

6. DustinD

DustinD Rookie

Jan 12, 2006

For the high pay!

Actually, all of my high school math teachers and my senior English teacher have inspiried me to enter the profession. (Plus the schedule would be great to have a family.)