Why do you need to return to work?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Arky, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Arky

Arky Comrade

Jan 1, 2009

I need to return to work so I will stop eating. I have done nothing but cook, eat, and sit!!!! :help:

3. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2009

:lol: So I can get my buns out of my pajamas and start being productive again!!!!!!!! I can't even cook because I haven't gone to the grocery store. Ugh! I love vacation but I need a schedule man!! :)

4. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Jan 1, 2009

Good thread. I've been on the computer for five hours so far today, eating chips and Swedish fish while I type. I'm getting kind of bored at home, and want to get to my classroom and get going again.

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 1, 2009

I need to get back to work before DH and I drive each other insane. He's not used to me being around the house all day while he's trying to get housework done, and I'm used to running things at work all the time . . . and he tells me that he manages the housekeeping duties just fine without my input.

6. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jan 1, 2009

Chips and swedish fish...yummm! I talked myself out of buying chips yesterday b/c I knew I would eat them out of boredom. I could use some right about now:lol:.

7. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jan 1, 2009

I am feeling antsy to be productive again. I actually sat down and corrected some papers without it being a real struggle. I think I'm just ready to get busy again.

8. KatieC

KatieC Rookie

Jan 1, 2009

I'm definitely ready to get back into a routine! I promised myself I'd be in the gym everyday over break... not even close!

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 1, 2009

$$$$$$$$$

10. wikteacher

wikteacher Rookie

Jan 1, 2009

I'm actually starting to miss my little buggers... :)

11. pxydst07

pxydst07 Comrade

Jan 1, 2009

I need to return to work so that I can get started on the countdown to Spring Break! I'm sorry, it's been a rough, rough year thus far. :dizzy: I love teaching, but I also love my hair. It's been falling out like crazy this year. I guess I have the whole summer to replenish my head of hair! :p

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jan 1, 2009

Forget spring break...I'm counting down to MLK Jr. Day, then Presidents Day. And I have a conference to attend in there somewhere.

13. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 1, 2009

I need to return to work because its been about 2 years since I've been in the classroom full time, and I really need to get back for my own sanity! :haha:

Hopefully come Jan. 6, I'll find out some good news.

14. pxydst07

pxydst07 Comrade

Jan 1, 2009

I love that runsw/scissors! I guess I was thinking holiday with multiple days off...maybe I should start thinking small holidays! It might help get me through!

15. darlabean

darlabean New Member

Jan 1, 2009

Funny ladies

Today I finally got out of the PJ's at 2 pm and said to myself, "I'm going to get out and buy some food for the house, play with the kids-2 little girls, and grade all those homework papers I left for the break." Well, we all took a nap, ordered pizza, and I am staring at this pile of outdated homework and thinking about the G FILE-garbage. How bad is that? I was so fried before break and needed this time off so badly.

16. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 1, 2009

Sending you good thoughts...There are those occasional mid-year openings...Where are you? (OOPs, nevermind- you're in TX, NJ would be a bit of a commute!!) We have one, it's only Jan-June but it's a good resume builder!!

17. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jan 1, 2009

Every day without children counts in my book. It has been a rough for me too so far. I want to get to work, but I don't miss the kiddies yet.

18. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2009

I need to return to work so I stop shopping...I got a load of great gift cards from my kids for the holidays, and I've been out to spend them almost daily....and it's hard to resist spending more than I have on the card because the sales are SO good right now.

And so I stop reading. I bought Twilight for myself right before Christmas so I'd have something to snuggle up and read on Christmas night. I figured it would be light, easy and I'd forget it. WELL. I'm hooked. I used some of my gift cards to buy books two and three, and I had to order book 4, and it came today!!!! I'll have read four books over 12 days (plus we saw the movie) by the time I go back to work. Not that I don't enjoy it...but I really have a lot of un-decorating to do, not to mention laundry, planning, prep work, thank you notes, etc.
    Kim

19. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jan 1, 2009

I'm the same way. When school is not in session, I tend to spend more money than when I'm working.

20. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 1, 2009

Thank you! This is a Title 1 Reading position that opened up because the teacher took off on maternity leave, and is deciding to stay home with her baby so it'll be full time.

21. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jan 1, 2009

Because I graduated in May and Sallie Mae is beating on the door! :)

Plus, I think my hubby thinks I am never going to get dressed again. The other day, I went to put on clothes and came back with a clean set of pj's on. Hubby just shook his head. I don't care. No clothes, no makeup, no homework, man what a life! I can't wait till winter break in Feb. :)

22. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jan 1, 2009

Mentally and physically- I don't. I left for 'home' the morning after break started and got home late last night (Thank you, Mother Nature, for making my 11 hour drive 13 hours). So, I am definitely not ready to go back tomorrow.

Financially, I was ready the 20th :)

23. Sagette

Sagette Companion

Jan 2, 2009

I need the money and to stop eating! When I went on an interview Tuesday, I realized my suit pants were a little snug in the rear area :blush:

24. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jan 2, 2009

My clone needs to get back to work ASAP. I will be staying here :)

25. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jan 2, 2009

I just did a yearly lesson plan on Character Education (based on a book I retrieved from the clearance bin). I'm not a teacher and I will not be using it anytime soon. Yes, I need something to do. Laundry doesn't do it for me. :)

26. TemperanceFaith

TemperanceFaith Comrade

Jan 2, 2009

I need to return to work for no other reasons than financial and experience, as I am quite content staying in my pajamas until noon and actually spending time in my home rather than most of the days in a classroom or my car.

27. maroki

maroki Comrade

Jan 2, 2009

I need to return to work because I really don't function well without a set schedule. I have good intentions to get the laundry done...but it is much more fun to sit around and play on the computer!

28. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jan 2, 2009

I don't mind being off. I'm enjoying my kids. I just need a purpose too. I would be happy with a 4 day work week. :)

29. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jan 2, 2009

I could be on break another week! I'm not ready to go back yet. But, I am getting a little bored. I've been at school 4 days already, and I'm going in today and Sunday. I've cleaned and organized every single little thing in my apartment, so I'm just bored at home. My classroom looks amazing, though!!! :)

30. queenie

queenie Groupie

Jan 2, 2009

I am torn...I am really enjoying not doing lesson plans or getting up early or stressing and I LOVE LOVE LOVE being home with my kids, but I'm a little bored most of the time. I have been checking my email several times a day, and yesterday I vacuumed the ceiling! :eek: My son was a little disturbed by that, but in my defense, it wasn't the entire ceiling- just the part above the living room windows where cobwebs had been forming a strange kind of insulation or something :lol: Since the break started, I have rearranged all my furniture (even the piano), unplugged, dusted, and untangled every electronic item in my living room, cleaned out the refrigerator, sorted my little girl's clothes, cleaned out my car and vacuumed it, wiped down the walls, rearranged pictures, and even tried (unsuccessfully) to unclog my bathtub drain. That, of course, besides taking down all the Christmas decorations, clearing clutter from the house, and the usual cleaning/shopping stuff...:help:

And yesterday...for just a millisecond or so...I missed the kids in my class.

I really don't want to go back yet, though.

31. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jan 2, 2009

I can't wait to go back. I have taken the last three months off for going to an out of state school. Now I'm back and can't wait to see the kids and get my paycheck!!

32. iluvteachin

iluvteachin Rookie

Jan 2, 2009

I don't want to go back. I am salaried the full year so I have been getting paid to sit at home doing nothing. I have been sick this week too so it does not feel like I've been off... I need another week to recover ;-)

33. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jan 2, 2009

Wanna come over and clean my apartment when you are done with your house?

34. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jan 2, 2009

I need to go back so we'll stop eating out! We've been out to restaurants far too much these past two weeks! I guess that also means I'll have to go grocery shopping since we have NOTHING in the house! :) I'm ready for some good home cooking again!

35. tchr4life

tchr4life Rookie

Jan 2, 2009

I need to go back to work because I'm not sleeping on schedule and keep eating! I should have brought my report cards home to do.

36. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 2, 2009

I also don't want to go back. I am really enjoying being lazy, getting stuff done at home, being with my family, and my pets. I so cannot wait until it is summer!!!!! To me, work is secondary. I enjoy my free time and goofing around time.

37. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 2, 2009

I need to go back so that I'm not always asking questions like, "It's Friday today, isn't it?"

38. 1stesl

1stesl Rookie

Jan 2, 2009

I'm not ready to go back, the first week off I was busy from the Friday afternoon we got out until last week, then this week I've been sick and banged up my car....I need another week off to deal with it!

39. oldfashioned

oldfashioned Comrade

Jan 2, 2009

I'm not ready to go back to school yet. I've been getting a ton of cleaning done (just cleaned the pantry today and will tackle the linen closet tomorrow), but there's still the refrig and closets and maybe even the garage (horrors!) to do. It's amazing how messes accumulate during the school year.

On the other hand, I need to get back to a structured schedule at school because I feel my brains (and tush) turning to mashed potatoes! Too much tv and eating, eating, eating!

40. allisonbeth

allisonbeth Comrade

Jan 3, 2009

I am excited to be back on a schedule. I am actually a better person when I know exactly what I need to do all the time.
    However, I will miss hanging out with my kids and just talking/ playing. I realize that this stage will not last long.

41. queenie

queenie Groupie

Jan 3, 2009

Me too!! I finally went to the grocery store today and actually cooked a pot roast with potatoes, carrots & onions...yum!!!! I plan on fixing lasagna, steak & gravy, and salmon sometime this week, too. Of course there will also be BLT's, hot dogs, and cardboard pizzas...but it sure beats Whoppers, Big Macs, and Beef Supreme Chalupas!