Why do they do this????????

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MDTeach, Aug 31, 2010.

1. MDTeach

MDTeach New Member

Aug 31, 2010

This is my thirteenth year teaching and by far my most challenging year. My principal literally stacked my third grade class with all the academic low students and the behavior problems. I spoke with her this morning and she started saying how I was such a strong teacher....so I get the ALL the unmotivated children who don't want to learn, ALL the low learners who need extra support? I have no idea how I'm going to get through this year, let alone get them ready for state testing in March. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to teach when the majority of the class is either disruptive or significantly below grade level? I could handle one or the other but the unmotivated and disruptive ones are hurting the low ones ability to learn. Any advice is appreciated!

3. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Aug 31, 2010

I can relate as the same thing happened to me this year. I'm flattered that my P thinks so highly of me and my teaching style, but I still couldn't help but feel a little frustrated. Meanwhile, another teacher on my team who mismanages their class and doesn't complete their own work has mostly students who are high-performing and very well-behaved.

Just continue to be the strong and effective teacher you are. These kids deserve the best education, and you're the one who is capable of giving them that. :) I'm sorry I have no other advice to give.

Good luck!!