why did this have to happen with five days left??!!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teacherhoosier, May 25, 2011.

1. teacherhoosier

teacherhoosier Companion

May 25, 2011

Well, when I woke up this morning, I thought this day would be somewhat easy-visits to the schools my kids are going to next year (my school is closing) in the morning and a volunteer of mine coming in in the afternoon to read my kids a story and make a craft...well, right before the transition before lunch, 1 of my boys gives another one the middle finger..well, while I'm talking to him, one of my boys gives its too (kindergarten mind you). I have had problems with these boys' behavior throughout the year...but nothing like this..well, I told the one boy he would be losing his recess (hadnt had time to deal with the other two)..well on our way to lunch, he said he would bring his dad's 22 to school..he didn't say it directly at me, but it was pretty clear I was the target..immediately referred the second in command teacher at school (our principal splits between two schools)..according to corporation policy, he is suspended two days for the threat. The other two boys will spend two days of in-school supension. The parent of one of these boys is one who is very difficult and I've had issues with throughout the year, who knows what will happen. With five days left, it wouldn't surprise me if she pulled him out for the rest of the year-which sets a horrible example.

Well, now to the positives-my principal was very supportive and tolde me that in no way I should think this is my fault. However, this whole situation makes me feel sick...

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 25, 2011

I'm sorry. That is a terrible situation to happen so close to the end of the school year!

4. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

May 25, 2011

That stinks...I am sorry, but I am happy you have the support of admin and there was a consequence. That is good news!