Why are you looking for a job?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by cheeryteacher, Jul 15, 2007.

1. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Aug 8, 2007

In NJ, my criminal check didn't come in until May! I started on Sept. 1st!

2. logicrules

logicrules Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

kidatheart: I'm confused. When you were actually offered a job, pending the criminal background check?

3. Texas_06

Texas_06 Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

Montana gem, I'm in the same boat you are in. I have to support my two children on my own but I decided I wanted to be a teacher before then. I guess I'm a career changer. I have a bachelors degree in criminal justice administration but I never worked in that field. I realized I wanted to be a teacher when I was almost done with that degree. When I heard about alternative certification I got very excited and signed up. I feel like teaching is my calling and that's what I want to do. I have been a sub for about seven months and a personal tutor.

4. merigold78

merigold78 Cohort

Aug 9, 2007

i have been employed as a teacher since i first graduated, four years ago. the problem is that i've never had the job i really wanted; therefore, every year i look. up to this point i've been a head start teacher, taught at a very tough, innner city charter sch., and now work at an "urban" (inner city but not near as bad as the prev. one) charter sch. i am happy to be utilizing my skills (i know a lot of people can't find anything), but really want that dream job :). i don't think i'll give up until i find it. so that's MY story!!

-meri

5. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Aug 14, 2007

I was hired as an Instructional Aide, filled out all the paperwork and did the fingerprinting, but never received the certificate that shows my record is clean... Finally in May I received it.