Who's Your Favorite TV Judge?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 29, 2009

Hands down, I like Judge Judy because she gets to the point & doesn't take any crap. I completely agree w/ her logic.

I love how she tells people, "Umm is not an answer!" :)

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2009

Oh, come on...this is easy: Marilyn Milian! Although my husband finds it embarrassing, I love The People's Court, and have for as long as I can remember.

I cannot believe how many "judge" shows there are...some are the most ridiculous productions on television.

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2009

I absolutely hate each and every one of these shows. I have no respect for any tv judge. They are purposely mean for ratings and I don't think they are clever, funny, or compassionate at all.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 29, 2009

I never really watch the judge shows. I've never heard of Marilyn Milian. My husband has met Judge Judy and said she's nice!

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 29, 2009

Yeah, I've seen her in a few interviews on other shows & she's totally different, but I love how she gets down to business in the courtroom.

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2009

I find this to be true most often. But on The People's Court, she is quite compassionate towards those who have been truly wronged, and quite annoyed by the those people who have no respect for others and or the court system. I undersand that. I don't think she's dramatic for the sake of being dramatic, but that's just my opinion.

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2009

Judge Judy is my favorite. She cuts through the crap and puts people in their place...the guilty ones. LOL
    I try to get my teenage son to watch with me...he needs to know that there are really sneaky, uncouth people out there.
    BTW, is uncouth spelled wrong? :blush:

I heard she's really nice in person too.

9. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2009

I completely agree. I think the judge before her was also a lot like that too.

I used to not like Judge Judy, but I came around and saw that she does indeed cut right to the point and tell them how it is. She says, usually, what I'll be thinking. She's kind of like Simon Cowell.

10. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Jul 29, 2009

I don't really care for Judge Judy. Maybe I'm just too young but she seems like a cranky, old curmudgeon. I like Judge Marilyn Milian. I think she's hilarious, compassionate, tough and I love it when she uses Spanish sayings to explain her rulings. I like Judge Greg Mathis too. I like his round about explanations.

11. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2009

OMG!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE reality shows and court shows are no exception!!! I love them so much I DVR my two favorite daily while I'm at work and I watch them every evening.
    That being said, I love Judge Mathis and The People's Court. Judge Mathis is halarious and means business at the same time. I love his down to earth personality and he has no problems with admitting his wrongs in order to be an inspiration to others.
    I love Judge Milian because she is so loveable, like an aunt or a family member. You can tell she really cares about every litigant in her courtroom and I ALWAYS agree with EVERY judgement. That says alot about why I love her show.

I love Judge Judy as well. I've been a Judge Judy fan for many, many years! She takes no prisoners and I don't feel like she is who she is for ratings. I think she is sincere & genuine and if you are an idiot, she'll tell you!! I love when she says, "Beauty fades, dumb is forever".

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 29, 2009

LOL that's a great quote :lol:

13. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2009

haha; I forgot about this quote of hers!

We ought to have that printed on poster board and put it up in every classroom in the U.S. :D

14. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 29, 2009

I love, love, love Judge Judy. She cracks me up when she is befuddled by technology. "Wallpaper, what's that?" "Wallpaper belongs in the kitchen and the bathroom, not your phone."

She absolutely is a truth detector.

15. Alesia

Alesia Companion

Jul 29, 2009

The only court show I watch is Divorce Court. Most times the judge has good advice for the couples on the show.

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 1, 2009

Has anyone seen the episode of Divorce Court where Gary Coleman & his wife were on? I missed it & was hoping a rerun would show eventually.

17. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 1, 2009

He has a wife?

18. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Aug 1, 2009

I like Judge Milian the best because she's so quick witted and fair. I really admire her. I think Judge Judy is hysterical, but she picks the guilty party much too fast. I don't like any of the other judges.

19. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 1, 2009

I must say, this is a really funny topic for a thread.

20. cmw

cmw Groupie

Aug 1, 2009

Love that quote from her! I also love it when she says, "You picked him!." :lol:

My favorite part is when she looks at Douglas & asks him what time is it...and he says time for a little rough justice! :D

21. Youngteacher226

Aug 1, 2009

Yes, I like when Judge Milian quotes sayings from her grandmother or sayings in Spainish. I can't quote one right now, but everytime she does, I crack up!!:lol: 'Cause it always fits the situation!!

22. becky

becky Enthusiast

Aug 1, 2009

I liked when Judge Milian said 'Better alone than poorly accompanied'.

How many of us have been 'poorly accompanied' before??;)

23. becky

becky Enthusiast

Aug 1, 2009

Did you see her talk about this on Larry King? She was completely serious- she had no idea what that wall paper was all about.

24. becky

becky Enthusiast

Aug 1, 2009

I like Judge Judy and Judge Brown. Judge Brown, though, and Judege Mathis, lets the litigants argue back and forth too much.

I rarely see any court shows due to school or classes.

25. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 1, 2009

I wish I would've seen her on Larry King, but I didn't.

26. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 1, 2009

Becky, that's my issue with most of the shows...they are not operated like a typical courtroom and thus come off as being theatrical for the viewers.

27. Youngteacher226

Aug 1, 2009

I wouldn't watch Judge Joe Brown if you paid me. He is a "TV" judge for sure and I really can't believe this guy was really on the police force. He is a joke. He reminds me of an old uncle who starts arguments and gets a kick out of a good "fight" just to say he won the arguement. LOL..
    No, Judge Joe Brown is probably the only show I wouldn't watch.
    I even like Judge Alex. He is smart and cute may I add. I like him because he doesn't come in with any prejudice or opinons before hand. He listens to the facts.

28. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 1, 2009

I love judge Mathis & the People's Court. I had them on all last week while I worked on my classroom. They just crack me up. My favorite thing is when they have a countersuit on the People's Court. My husband laughs because I cheer (you know those are the good ones). lol

You have to take them all with a grain of salt.

29. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 2, 2009

30. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 2, 2009

That is a truly horrendous photo.

31. maya5250

maya5250 Comrade

Aug 2, 2009

:agreed:

32. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 3, 2009

Just out of curiosity, what makes that photo (bottom p. 3) so horrendous? Is it because you don't know how any lady that looks halfway ok & of regular height could want Coleman or what? I mean neither one of them looks good to me, but there's a whole lot of average looking people on this earth for that matter. And their attire is like a lot of other brides & grooms. :confused:

33. Lives4Math

Lives4Math Comrade

Aug 3, 2009

I watch them all day long if I can LOL In fact as I type I'm watching Judge David Young :) My favorite is Judge Alex!

34. Lives4Math

Lives4Math Comrade

Aug 3, 2009

I hate that Judge Mathis always asks a questions, interupts the answer to laugh about something or tell a story about his life and then yells at the people for not answering his question.

35. Youngteacher226

Aug 3, 2009

:lol::lol::lol:

36. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 4, 2009

I've just recently gotten into the habit of recording Judge Judy everyday, but if I skip or forget it, no big deal at all. :)