Who's Ready for PR Tonight?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Weazy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jul 30, 2008

Project Runway starts in fifteen minutes? Who's ready and waiting? Any guesses as to who will be eliminated tonight?

3. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Jul 30, 2008

I'm here! I'm still hoping Stella aka Garbage Bag Girl goes home. I know her dress last week wasn't anywhere near as bad as the first week, but she seems like she has no versatility at all - it's leather or nothing.

5 more minutes...

4. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jul 30, 2008

and counting! I agree! Garbage bag girl has very little talent. It will also be interesting to see what Licious does tonight, but Stella is sooo dramatic. I wonder what the challenge is? :confused:

5. MrsTeacher2Be

MrsTeacher2Be Companion

Jul 30, 2008

Honestly Stella's was the only outfit I didn't like tonight. I mean, some of them had some problems, but not they weren't bad just not great. I think the one with all the little pieces attached could have been better with different colors and fabrics. I don't think the one who went home (can't think of her name) should have gone home, but maybe I'm just rooting for them to send Stella home :lol:

6. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 30, 2008

I thought the matronly dress-the clock one-was hideous!

7. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Jul 30, 2008

What is with Swede talking about himself in the third person... very annoying!
    I hated the clock dress too and really thought that should have sent her home.
    I LOVED the black dress based on the planter... that was fantastic!

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 31, 2008

Oh, me too Miss J. I thought the black dress was fabulous! It looked flawless, I thought it should've won.

9. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2008

Sarge would like to point out that you wrote "Swede" which is a person from Sweden. Sarge doesn't really have Swedish ancestry, but he does have some Norwegian ancestors.

Sarge things you spell it "Suede." Considering that Sarge's Firefox spellchecker didn't pick it up, that's probably correct.

Sarge's wife commented that someone is probably going to eventually hit Suede because he always talks about himself in the third person. Sarge agreed.

10. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

:rofl::toofunny:

11. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 31, 2008

I really loved that dress and thought it should have won too. Suede's dress was very creative and if I was about 20 years younger I probably would wear it also. I was waiting for a throw down between Stella and Licious :D She has got to be one of the most annoying designers ever. I can't remember disliking someone so much at really still the beginning of the show. I agree the clock dress was really bad but I thought the black Carmen Miranda dress was worse. Can't wait for next week. :p

12. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

Boo--I fell asleep and had to watch the rerun!! I wanted the flowerpot girl to win. Her dress was awesome!! Kenley (?) was o.k., but nothing great. The loser dress was well...a loser. :(
    Garbage bag girl did it again. I thought her outfit was boring.
    Next week looks like it is going to be good!

13. HannahB2

HannahB2 Companion

Jul 31, 2008

I didn't think Kenley deserved the win... I liked Leanne and Terri's better. My best friend and I always talk on the phone after PR and she could not stop talking about how creepy the "orange tanner guy" (Blayne) was. And then I dropped the bomb on her that he is my absolute favorite lol!! I guess he is kind of creepy...

14. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 31, 2008

You would think they would learn to listen to Tim Gunn. Whenever he gives them advice (like on the Carmen Miranda dress) the judges say exactly the same thing. I don't designers need to be flexible and the fact that Stella can only use leather, to me doesn't make her a good designer. I also thought the black dress should have won, particularly because she almost went home last week and that was quite a comeback.

15. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

Kind of creepy? He's weird, too! lol! What was he saying...Holla blah blah blah? I didn't understand, but maybe it is my age. He is very young, and I think it shows. I am not impressed with his designs, but he does know how to aggravate garbage bag girl (Stella) :lol: I wish I didn't have to wait until next week!

16. HannahB2

HannahB2 Companion

Jul 31, 2008

LOL! I know what you mean -- I wish PR came on every night!!
    You gotta admit when he was making fun of Stella last week ("My husband is leatha, my cat is leatha.") it was hilarious!

17. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jul 31, 2008

Suede annoys me to no end! Seriously, who talks in the 3d person!?!

I didn't like Kenley's dress. Leanne deserved the win.

I thought Keith and Jennifer's dresses were worse than Emily's.

18. HannahB2

HannahB2 Companion

Jul 31, 2008

Yeah, Suede needs to shut the @!*& up with his 3rd person. My 80 year old grandmother wouldn't even wear Jennifer's dress. I didn't think Emily's was that bad. If she would have done something different with the ruffles it would've looked good because the black dress itself was actually really well made.

19. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

Suede is annoying. I think he knows what to do to get airtime. What is with the little puff of colored hair? I didn't care for Kenley's dress because it didn't make me think of New York. I just didn't see anything special. There were other creations that I thought were more deserving--such as the flower pot picture dress. (name?) I thought that was rich with style. I feel llike I barely "know" some of the other designers, because they are not featured nearly as much as the others even though their fashions have been good.

Yes, they should listen to Tim Gunn, but they should stay true to themselves. Stella...leather lady...well....what can I say? She scares me. I enjoy watching Blayne pick at her. hehe.

20. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jul 31, 2008

Has anyone noticed Keith's mini rat tail curl? Gag.

21. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

No, didn't notice the rat tail curl, but he is a bit arrogant at times.
    They don't show much of Daniel either.

22. HannahB2

HannahB2 Companion

Jul 31, 2008

I don't think they show much of Daniel either. They also don't show that much of Joe and Terri, both I think are really good designers. I loved Joe's pasta dress in the first challenge.

23. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

I think they are not as flamboyant (sp) as the other designers, so they are not on camera as much. You know the old saying..."the squeaky wheel gets oiled", they just aren't squeaky. That's ok., as long as they make it to the next week. I would like to see a little bit more of who they are. :rolleyes:

24. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

:lol::lol::lol: :rofl: