Who's about to finish student teaching? Me!

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by a7410333, Dec 13, 2015.

1. a7410333

a7410333 Rookie

Dec 13, 2015

Hi all,

I had a very difficult first placement at a title 1 school, with a cooperating teacher and university supervisor who were...less than helpful - but my second placement rocked and I was able to make it through.

I thought I'd make a thread to celebrate all the student teachers who had a Fall placement. It was one of the harder things I've had to do but I am about 2 days out from finishing! Yes!

Congrats to any and all student teachers who are finishing up their placements!!

Good luck to all preservice teachers who are about to student teach next semester! :celebrate:

3. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Dec 13, 2015

Congrats on finishing your placement, or almost. I just finished mine in a self-contained 3-5 MH class with moderate/severe students. I love and miss my little ones. The students went to a special olympics event last week and I suprised the kids and showed up. They melt my heart.

I'm sorry to hear that your first placement was rough-- it happens more often than not :( Fortunately, my cooperating teacher was FANTASTIC...but my supervisor was not. My supervisor had a lot going on in her life beyond her control and did not have the committment that was needed. The staff at my school went beyond their duties to make me feel like a staff member, and not a student teacher. However, the principal acted as if none of us field service students (I had other practicum and student teaching students at the school) existed. She never introduced us to her, the school, etc. I am not sure if that is normal behavior or not.

If any preservice students have questions, feel free to ask :)