whoo--I just scored free ice cream

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by jenn888, Jul 19, 2009.

1. jenn888

jenn888 Rookie

Jul 19, 2009

Today is National Ice cream day (I had no idea just wanted some) I went to Bruster's and they let you pick a ticket from a bucket and my ticket was for $3.00 off any ice cream. My treat cost 2.95 so I got paid a nickle to eat ice cream. If you have a Bruster's you should go,some of the tickets include 15.00 gift certificates and free ice cream cakes.

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 19, 2009

Never heard of Bruster's, but some BR ice cream sure sounds good. I've been working outside for most of the day and I'm drained. Nothing like some good ice cream to restore you. :)

Glad you got some for free!

4. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jul 19, 2009

WAHOO!!! How awesome to get some free ice cream! I wish I had a store near me!

5. jenn888

jenn888 Rookie

Jul 19, 2009

I miss Baskin Robbin's, ours closed years ago. BR had the best ice cream cakes!

6. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 19, 2009

Mmmm, ice cream is awesome! Way to go on being paid a nickel to eat some!!

My kids and I used my ice cream maker to make some home made ice cream yesterday. Unfortunately either the basin is no linger able to freeze as well as it needs to, or the five minutes it sat on the counter while we wrapped up the recipe really mattered, and the ice cream never froze in the machine. After 45 minutes and not getting near frozen, I dumped it into a metal bowl, put it in the freezer and used a spoon to turn in a few times. In the morning it was nicely frozen and we enjoyed it after lunch. Well, ds and I enjoyed it, he said it was the best ice cream he had ever had. My daughter for some reason was not a fan and only had one lick. I told her we can do chocolate next time to see if she likes it better and to see if the machine will actually work with the second try.

7. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Jul 19, 2009

You all are making me crave ice cream! I just saw that DQ has Tagalong Blizzards this month. My favorite GS cookie, in ice cream!?

8. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2009

That must have been the REASON why I wanted some ice cream so badly tonight! Hubby wanted Dryers Slowly Churned Cookies & Cream, or Cookie Dough, or Butter Pecan, or Mint Choclate. I had to get his 1st choice.
    I WANTED ROCKY ROAD!
    Good thing I'm in a good mood tonight.:angel:
    :DI would have just bought RR and left it at that.
    Rebel1