Whole week off for Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by bandnerdtx, Nov 23, 2009.

1. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Nov 23, 2009

This is the first year our district has ever given us the entire week off for Thanksgiving, and I have to tell you, I'm loving it!

Technically, though, we're not off. Today and tomorrow are "staff development" days, but they gave us the option of doing 12 hours this summer to substitute for these days. As you can imagine, 99.9% of us took advantage of that offer. :woot:

To make things even sweeter, our principal canceled a staff meeting that she had scheduled on Friday afternoon and let us all go home 45 minutes early. I'm telling you, that's almost better than a bonus check.

3. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Nov 23, 2009

I am loving my week off, as well. I have made a schedule for myself, though, so that I can get everything done, and have some time for fun things (movies, lunches out with friends, etc.) Yay!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 23, 2009

bandnerd~this is the first time that I get a full week off as well. I'm lovin it!!! Got to sleep in this morning. Doing laundry from the weekend, have plenty of time to clean the house before Thursday. I'll probably start making some things for Thanksgiving dinner on Wed. There are a few more presents I need to get for Christmas. Almost done!!!

5. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Nov 23, 2009

Go see The Blind Side, Miss C!! It is the best. My son and husband took me to see it last night for my birthday.

6. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 23, 2009

We also have the week off and I love it too! :)

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 23, 2009

I've had the whole wk off for the last several yrs (& none of them are staff dev days)!

(Also, the whole week off before Thanksgiving was minimum day at most schools for parent-teacher conferences.)

8. silver rain

silver rain Comrade

Nov 24, 2009

I am enjoying my week off, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hubby and I got to go to lunch together today for the 1st time in 6 months. We are also spending some quailty time together. I am soo happy.

9. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Nov 24, 2009

First year with a whole week off, too. I'm trying to get things done, but I can't get past the first thing on my list, which is to clean out the garage. It just isn't happening.

10. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Nov 24, 2009

Shouldbeasleep, the garage doesn't want to be cleaned. It's been difficult. Just ignore it. :D

11. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Nov 24, 2009

I'm cleaning out my office room today. Mostly to make room for Christmas things.

12. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Nov 24, 2009

This is the first year I've had a week off and I love it! Yesterday, I cleaned the grout in the kitchen and bathrooms, cleaned the carpet and furniture in the living room, and did my Thanksgiving shopping.

Today I am having blood work done, observing a class, and having a mammogram.

Tomorrow I'll enjoy the day with my daughters! We will shop and go to a movie.

13. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 24, 2009

Running errands today: oil changed, getting dh's watch fixed, and some more Christmas shopping.

14. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Nov 24, 2009

It is nice! Monday and Tuesday were hurricane days, so I am glad that we didn't have to use them!!I did go to my older daughter's classroom yesterday to help with the Thanksgiving feast! So, I feel like my break started today! She's off tomorrow.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 24, 2009

Ah, I just finished chopping a bunch of veggies for my Thanksgiving stuffing.