Whole Brain Teaching?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by ncruz000, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ncruz000

ncruz000 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011

In a previous thread I read about whole brain teaching techniques. I was intrigued and after some research and watching some videos I decided I might try some of the techniqes this year. I was just wondering if any of you use the techniques and how beneficial they have been for you. Also did you find any negatives or cons when using them?

Thank you

Naomi

3. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Aug 3, 2011

Thanks to this site, I also plan on trying it this year.... so we will go through this together! ;)

I'm curious to see what people say. I downloaded all the ebooks, and sat with a legal pad and took notes on each chapter. Then I made a Power Point That I will use to introduce it the first day. I really hope it works. I have a group coming up this year that has a reputation for being a handful ....

4. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 3, 2011

After reading the other thread, I too, am planning on using the whole brain techniques. I love the idea of a power point for the first day.

5. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Aug 3, 2011

I used some of the techniques this past year and loved it!
    I used the class/yes, reciting the 5 rules, spelling words with your hands, and teach/ok. They showcased these techniques at their graduation and I had parents, grandparents, and even co-workers telling me how amazed they were at my class. I will definitely use these techniques again this upcoming school year.

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 3, 2011

In future, ncruz000, can we please do just one thread? Forum policy strongly discourages multiple threads by one member on the same subject, on the sensible ground that it works better for everyone if the discussion is concentrated in one place.

A to Z veterans don't tend to check for new threads forum by forum: instead, they use one of the New Threads links at the top right of the page (just under where your page says "Welcome, ncruz000!" to check the lot. If you mouse over a thread title, it displays the first few lines of the first post to give you an idea whether it's something in which you're interested.

7. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Aug 4, 2011

I use the class/yes, teach/ok, and the smiley/frownie point system. I've gotten great evals. on my student engagement because of the teach/ok.

8. ncruz000

ncruz000 Rookie

Aug 4, 2011

I truly apologize and I will keep that in mind.

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 4, 2011

Thanks, ncruz000, and if I haven't already welcomed you to A to Z, let me welcome you now.