Whoa, how'd that happen?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by msrosie, Jul 23, 2015.

1. msrosie

msrosie Rookie

Jul 23, 2015

I went from being almost sure that I had no options left as far as a permanent position to having two interviews on Monday and one next Friday as well as another probable interview next Friday (not confirmed yet, but the principal told me last school year that she'd absolutely interview me if anything opened up for the upcoming school year and something just did).

I'm really excited about the possibilities coming up after being disappointed in the chance that I took turning down the other position for the possibility at the other school.

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 23, 2015

Principals are starting to come back to work after their own vacations. Things generally pick up (hiring wise) in August.

Good luck!

4. msrosie

msrosie Rookie

Jul 24, 2015

Good point. Thanks for the good luck wishes.

My 2 interviews Monday have turned into 3. So I have 4 for sure interviews next week with 2 different districts.

5. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

Jul 24, 2015

It has certainly been my experience that hiring picks up as principals come back form their own breaks that seem to most often be in July.

Good luck!
    Sheilah

6. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

Jul 24, 2015

it's crazy busy. Make sure you write down days/times to help keep them straight. I almost walked into an interview an hour early because I had one at the same district at an earlier time a few days before.
    Goodluck

7. msrosie

msrosie Rookie

Jul 24, 2015

I have all the days/times written on a white board and a calendar in my room. Though I should probably add them into my phone as well.

8. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jul 27, 2015

Best wishes! :hugs:

All administrators in my district returned to work today, so it was a busy day for us!