Who will win SYTYCD?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Upsadaisy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 23, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance (I know I can't) has been awesome this season. Who do you think will win? Two of my top picks are in jeopardy tonight - Brandon and Kayla. :eek: We'll know if either of them are sent home in just a few.

3. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Jul 24, 2009

HAH-- I can't dance either. Well, I can, but it's not a pretty sight. :p

I missed all but the last minute (literally) of the results show last night. :( Usually I couldn't care less about it, but with all that they were showing I wanted to see last night's result show. I wonder if I can find the full episode online...

Anyway, I really thought Jeanette had a shot at the top prize. I was really hoping Janeane (sp?) was going home-- something about her annoys me. I like Melissa (OMG, her and Ade's second performance had me in tears!) and I think Kayla's a gorgeous dancer. However, Kayla doesn't seem-- to me-- to have much of a personality. :unsure: GAH!! I have no clue who's going to make it to the top for the girls.

As far as the guys go, I love Brandon and Evan.

4. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 24, 2009

SPOILER ALERT

I thought for sure that Jeanette would make it to at least the final 4. I really don't know who I like who is left. They are all really good this year. Brandon seems so strong, Ada (sp) too.

Kayla is a great dancer but doesn't have that crowd appeal.

ETA- I can't type or think straight.

5. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 24, 2009

It's such a great season.

I love Melissa but don't think she'll win. Give her hip hop next week and I just don't see her doing great. I like Janine as well. Kayla's fine, not a favorite though. I'll miss Jaenette and was surprised to see her voted off.

For the guys I like both Brendan and Ade but am really not crazy about Evan. I thought he was going home last week, then thought for sure he'd be going home last night, and yet, there he still is! So apparently my opinion of him is not the typical one.

Melissa's and Ade's piece was so amazing last night. That song alone can put me in tears, when combined with that amazing dance I was fully in tears by the end. So amazing.

6. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 24, 2009

Agree MsMar. I am very surprised about Evan. I wish Ade would lose the hair comb.

7. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 24, 2009

I thought Evan would go home this week, I was surprised about Jason. For the girls I like Janine and for the boys, either Brandon or Ade. For some reason I don't like Melissa very much, there is just something about her. Although the dance she did on Wednesday was beautiful.

8. reverie

reverie Companion

Jul 24, 2009

I wanted Even to go home weeks ago. I am not sure why he's still there, heh. So, obviously, my top pics are Brandon and Ade. For the girls it's Janine and Kayla.

9. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2009

I love Evan! But I also thought Janette would make it to the finals. Shows you what I know.

10. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 24, 2009

I missed it this week. So Jason went home last night? I think he's much more talented than Evan-but that story with his brother I think pulled people's heartstrings. I think the same thing has been saving Kayla-she's not my favorite girl. I think Brandon is very talented and like Janine's star power. Melissa is a talented dancer, but comes off as a little arrogant to me, I don't know. I'll have to make sure to watch next week.

11. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 24, 2009

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't quite get how Evan is still there! My feeling with both him and Melissa is that they're great in their own genre, but not strong enough outside of it. That's one thing I liked about Joshua last year, he did so well in so many different styles. I think Janine, Ade and Brendan have shown that as well.

At fist Ade's hair pick annoyed me, now it's kind of grown on me.

12. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 24, 2009

I think Jason was much stronger outside his genre than Evan is outside his. Kayla doesn't really promote herself, but I love watching her dance. Her lines are longer than the other girls'. Jeanette was just amazing - but someone had to go, and they really all are amazing.

Note to Ade: teachers want you to take the comb out of your hair. Now, please.

13. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 24, 2009

Evan has a story? Kayla too? Must have missed that.

14. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 24, 2009

Evan's story is just his strong relationship with his brother (who auditioned and made it through for next season) who is his choreographer. Same style as Evan.

Kayla has a single mother and was raised by her grandparents with whom they lived. They backed her 100% and supported her dance lessons all along.

But, what about Ade? He was raised by a grandmother in Haiti and had a very hard life.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 24, 2009

If a girl is going to win, I hope Melissa wins because not only is she good, but she's older than the others & has less time to make it big.

I like either Brandon or Ade. I think Brandon's a little better dancer.

I'ms surprised Evan still made it this far & I'm sure he's surprised as well. He's the dark horse who's slowly slinking to the top. If he actually wins, I won't be too surprised because he's different from the others as well as the past winners & people like those who are different.

This season seemed to go by quicker than any of the past seasons. I enjoyed seeing the 3 memorable dances in last night's episdoe from past seasons.

16. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Jul 24, 2009

I love Evan, too! He is just so cute with those puppy dog eyes. I like him because he is different from the rest. It seems that most of the dancers are similar in styles. Evan's style is reminiscent of the old classic movies that I used to love watching late at night.
    For the girls, I don't know who I like. They are all so great, the guys and the girls.

17. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 24, 2009

It sure did seem to go faster this season. The new season starts in September, I think.

18. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Jul 24, 2009

I must not be the only one who loves Evan. He has yet to be in the bottom and had to dance for his life.

19. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 24, 2009

They said a new winner will be crowned in 2 weeks. In two weeks, there will be 4 people so how will that work?

20. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 24, 2009

I think they only lower it to 4 people, and then they have 1st-4th place. I haven't watched all the seasons, but I don't remember them ever having just two people on an episode.