Who Wants a One-Way Ticket to Live on Mars?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Apr 23, 2013.

1. bison

bison Habitué

Apr 23, 2013

I think it's exciting. You'd be a pioneer in so many ways. Getting to see another planet?! Very cool.

Czacza, it's a private company from another country, not NASA. They're not the first private company that plans to take people into space, maybe just the first to Mars! For example, Virgin (airlines, cell phones, etc) has a branch called Virgin Galactic that plans to people into space for the right sum.

2. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Apr 25, 2013

I loved Feed, but wasn't a huge fan of the ending. If you're into YA dystopian novel may I recommend (if you haven't already read) "After" and "Rash" by Pete Hautman. Those books were AMAZING. After I liked because it was kind of a "What If" after a Columbine-like situation. Rash made me feel like I was in the not to distant future where prison labor makes up 98% of the work force.

Sorry! :hijack:

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 25, 2013

Is "After" the actual title of the book? I searched for Pete Hautman on Goodreads, but there is no listing for that book. Do you have the ISBN number or something so I could look it up another way? I'd love to read it.