Who Likes Taro Flavor?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 12, 2014

It's my favorite frozen yogurt/smoothie/dessert bar flavor!!! You can't go wrong with taro. It has a unique flavor, not to mention it's a pretty lavender color.

At all the frozen yogurt places, it's never a permanent flavor though. :mad:

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 12, 2014

I have never tried it but it is a very popular flavor at the frozen yogurt places over here too.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Apr 13, 2014

Well, the frozen yogurt craze has hit my area. A bunch of places have opened up recently. They are the self serve places that you pick your own flavor then add toppings then they weigh it and charge you a price higher than a new pair of shoes LOL
    Anyway, I admit I went there once but I didn't see taro. I guess I have to go again to see if they have it!! :lol:

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 13, 2014

Yeah in my area, there's this one self-serve place that's been around for a few years now, but recently, Yogurtland & Menchie's have opened.

I LOVE self-serve & again, taro NEEDS to be a permanent flavor! :)

6. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2014

We are getting our first frozen yogurt place in town--they open tomorrow! I'm waiting for fiance to come back to visit next weekend before going to check them out.

I know you said it's unique, but what kind of flavor is it? Fruity, sweet, tangy? Any comparisons?

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Apr 14, 2014

I know they make taro chips and I've had them but I don't recall any distinct flavor.

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 14, 2014

It's not too strong a flavor, yet it's different. I wouldn't say it's fruity, tangy, nor too sweet, but yes, it leans on the sweet side. It's kind of hard to explain, but it's very pleasant & you'll just have to try & see!

Here's a fun HW assignment to all who've never had it:

Try it & report back here! :D