Who is waiting with me?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Rainbowbird, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 24, 2011

Now I am one of those waiting for that phone call. I know...keep busy, do stuff to distract myself, etc. I've been trying, believe me! I was busy all day with the kids, and DH and I will finish a Harry Potter movie tonight. It is just so hard. I had a great interview on Fri. Was told not to expect a decision til the end of this week.

I really hope I get this one. It is a great fit and my foot back in the door after my stint as a SAHM. It is in my old district, but at a different school. And I feel like if they won't hire me back, who the heck will? I have a reference from a former P there and a current staff member. Hoping and praying!

So who else is waiting? And what are you doing to pass the time? Maybe you're not on this board for a reason...you've found something to do to get your mind off it! LOL I can't believe I have to wait ALL WEEK. :eek:hmy:

3. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Jul 24, 2011

I am waiting too! I interviewed 2 weeks ago, and while the rational side of me says that they've already picked someone else, I can't help but hope that my phone will ring! They were hiring for 2 positions, and the P said that I wouldn't hear back until they were confident on both, so if they were only confident on 1, they'd be going back and interviewing more people. I keep hoping and praying that maaaaaybe I am the one they are confident on, and they are just interviewing more people for the other position and that's what is taking so long! haha The office is only open on Monday afternoons,though, so I am calling tomorrow and will hopefully find out the answer...fingers crossed!

I know how awful it is to wait though! I have been jumping every time the phone rings, and then I feel silly when I see it's only my boyfriend or my mom or someone. Don't give up hope Rainbowbird! I hope we both get the good news we are praying for!!

4. nangel78

nangel78 Companion

Jul 24, 2011

I am waiting as well. I had an interview last week and I am waiting to find out if I move onto the second round. I am keeping myself busy by still applying and getting on sub lists. I also have grad school starting in a month as well.

5. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Jul 24, 2011

I'm waiting to hear back from the second round interview I had on Friday. If I don't hear tomorrow, then it means I didn't get it :( Plus, I have another interview scheduled for Thursday and another scheduled for next Monday. School starts in 29 days! Ahhh!!!!

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 24, 2011

I'm waiting...to be called to go on this one interview. There's no reason for me not to be called.

Good luck to all!

7. nangel78

nangel78 Companion

Jul 24, 2011

I am also taking a leap of faith and applying in other sections of the state.

8. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 24, 2011

Two more interviews! That is great! Around here I am lucky if there is one job available that I am certified to teach. I hope you get the job, but you are bound to succeed with one of these if you don't. Keep the faith!

9. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 24, 2011

That is smart. If you can relocate, this is definitely the year to do so if needed. It will certainly open a lot more options for you. :)

10. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 24, 2011

Well, it is possible that with vacations, everything is slowed down. This is really hard, huh? I 've always gotten the job I wanted before. It was competitive before, but I guess this is worse. My first job, I was selected out of 100. That was in 1990. My 2nd job, I was selected out of 200. That was in 2000. I am guessing that now it's worse. I feel like I must not be as competitive as I was before, though, because I am not getting called as much. And it's making me nuts!

Good luck. I hope you find something out tomorrow. Please post and let us know what you find out. :)

11. nangel78

nangel78 Companion

Jul 24, 2011

I kind of have to at this point even with a mortgage and my spouse, but we said we would make it work.

12. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 24, 2011

I know. I am waiting for other interview calls, too. But not necessarily thinking I will get called b/c it is for grade levels I haven't taught before.

I hope you get called in. When did it close?

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 25, 2011

Rainbowbird, it closed on Fri., 7/8 & schools starts 8/8, which is why I'm getting worried. So, 2 wks has passed since it closed & there's 2 wks left before school starts. I sent a profound email to the director this past Wed., 7/20, but still no reply from her. In the past, she's emailed me back w/i a day or two. :unsure:

14. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2011

Nope, that's not it.

Every district in the nation has had to cut back. So there simply aren't as many jobs available as in the past. Classes are getting bigger as districts simply absorb any retirements or RIFs. It's not about you, it's about the economy.

Fingers crossed that today brings the phone calls that everyone is hoping for.

15. GAteacher87

GAteacher87 Companion

Jul 25, 2011

I hated the waiting game. I'm sorry you are having to endure it at the moment. I am sending you good luck and positive energy!

16. r2turtle

r2turtle Rookie

Jul 25, 2011

I am hoping to get "the ONE" phone call this morning telling me I am hired. The school district I interviewed for on Friday is supposed to let me know today. He said he definitely is going to call because he has been on the other end of saying your going to call and not hear another peep again. I am going to jump everytime I hear the phone ring today until I hear back. I can already feel my stomach's butterflies. Good luck to everyone. I truely hope and pray we all get positive calls. I am so ready to add my name to the list of this year's teachers!

17. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 25, 2011

Praying you get that call, turtle. The P sounds very nice to be so considerate. I'm betting it will be a great place to work. Post as soon as you hear anything!

18. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 25, 2011

Hope you hear soon. Maybe she is on vacation? I know schedules are strange at this time of year. That is why I have to wait a whole week--the P and 2 other members of the committee were going to be on vacation.

I know you prob. already know this, but I would not call again if I were you. Just sit tight....this waiting game stinks, though, and I totally feel your pain!

19. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 25, 2011

I know waiting is tough... I hope you all get some kind of closure soon. Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed that you will get that important call sooner rather than later!

20. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 25, 2011

Thanks, GATeacher and Alice. This market boggles the mind, it truly does. Never thought I would feel lucky to land a LTS job!

21. BlueskyFL

BlueskyFL Rookie

Jul 25, 2011

I am waiting as well! Hopefully this week will bring positive news for all of us that are trying so hard.

Plan for the week: more school visits to drop off resume packets, hopefully a meeting with a principal through a contact, and more applications.

Good luck to everyone! :)

22. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2011

Here's hoping that all of you who are waiting hear something soon!

23. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 25, 2011

Rainbowbird, thanks. I never called & talked to the director, just sent an email & I know she read it. THIS job cannot pass me by, I HAVE to get it!

I know this is Rainbowbird's thread, but thanks guys. I can't stand this waiting, this is torture! :mad:

24. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 25, 2011

That's okay! We're all in this together here!

25. TXowl

TXowl Companion

Jul 25, 2011

I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear about that job! I got really excited when the phone rang, but instead of an offer from that interview it was another P calling to set up an interview! I now have 3 interviews scheduled in the next week. These schools are cutting it pretty close. Two of the interviews are in a district that has over 200 openings because they finally have a budget. They RIFed 265 teachers and then wanted to rehire 215, but many already had other positions. I guess that's good news for me and everyone else who's looking!

26. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2011

Fingers and toes crossed for all of you!!