Who helps with a behavior plan?

Discussion in 'Behavior Management' started by crazygood, Feb 17, 2017.

1. crazygood

crazygood Rookie

Feb 17, 2017

Middle school. My team and I have a student with an iep who takes basically anti-psychotic medication. His family cannot pay for the medication anymore so he wreeks havic on our classes. My question is, should the teachING team be responsible for the behavior intervention plan/ reward program or should thr child studies team and counselors? I know it's a team effort but the child study team just keeps telling us about his home life. We get no help and are told we are not doing any reward program or behavior plan. I personally, not being trained in special education, don't know how to make one or offer it to the child.

3. crazygood

crazygood Rookie

Feb 17, 2017

Sorry for the typos. Early in the morning

4. Lisabobisa

Lisabobisa Companion

Feb 17, 2017

Is their a behavior plan written into his IEP? Check there first. If so, the special education teacher or behavior analyst (if your school has one) is usually responsible for writing the plan. Every teacher is responsible for implementing the plan. If it is not written in the IEP request a meeting and get that put in.

5. Jerry Dill

Jerry Dill Companion

Feb 19, 2017

Isn't there some charity in your school district that will help the family pay for his medication? If the child gets in the habit of acting out and having behavioral issues, then the child will probably end up a lost cause in his adult life too. Can't some organization in your area help to rescue this child?

Backroads likes this.
  6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 20, 2017

In my district, if the student is already being seen by the special education counselor, then that counselor is responsible for the writing of the BIP, with input from the special education teacher. We have some students who have BIPs that are not seen by the counselor and therefore, it is up to the special education teacher to write the BIP.

7. waterfall

waterfall Maven

May 17, 2017

Nevermind- just saw this is an old thread :)