who got a job for 2009-2010?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TeachOnTheBeach, Apr 10, 2009.

1. TeachOnTheBeach

TeachOnTheBeach Rookie

Apr 10, 2009

Anyone get an offer for next year?
    Are you returning to your current school?
    Are you moving schools?
    Undecided?
    What's your situaion?

I am returning to my school, same grade level and everything. I am so thankful!!

3. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Apr 11, 2009

I am looking to move to the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I have taught 7 years in South Texas. I am hoping my experience gets me in the door of a school faster, but I am also nervous because I cannot attend job fairs as readily. I may attend one in early May that 60 districts are supposed to be in, but anything before the TAKS test isn't doable since I am reviewing and shouldn't miss work in the next few weeks. I have to find out which districts are attending the one. If it is a lot of small districts or low paying districts I'm not going to go because it is a long trip (10 hours)

Ideally, I'd love to get a job in place this month or by early May so I can inform my current school to start looking for a new placement and start planning my move.

I'm looking for an elementary position. I've taught both elementary and middle school (math), but I prefer elementary (around 3rd grade).

Good luck to everyone!

4. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Apr 11, 2009

At this point, I am returning to my current school. I haven't heard any different and French Immersion teachers are hard to find lol, so I think I'm safe.

5. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Apr 11, 2009

I am moving to a bigger district, same grade - 1st. Very excited but nervous about leaving my comfort zone. BTW, I went to a job fair last Saturday, interviewed on Wednesday, and offered the position on Thursday. And, it's a great district. So it can happen quickly.

6. cjven

cjven Rookie

Apr 11, 2009

I am currently in my third year of teaching. I taught high school social studies for one year and now I'm in my second year of middle school social studies.

I have a contract at my current school but I'm looking to move into a bigger district that has better salaries and benefits. I'm hoping to get an interview soon but at least I know I have a job next year!

7. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 11, 2009

I plan on staying at my school but hopefully changing grades. I'm still looking for admin jobs, but there aren't many supervisor positions out there. That's the only change I'd make at this time.

8. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Apr 11, 2009

I am staying where I am and teaching the exact same subjects. I switched schools last year during the summer. I had signed a contract at the school that I had been teaching at for 5 years and was planning on staying one more year even though we had a very poor administration. My daughter is a senior at that school and I did not want to move her during her senior year and I wanted to be there for it but the administration ticked me off one too many times so I decided last June not to go back. I had a new job within a week and now love my job. The administration and the faculty are the greatest.

9. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

Apr 12, 2009

I am up in the air! I know for sure I will be returning to my current postion as Reading/Reading recovery teacher for K 1 and 2. However, a K, 1, and 2 job is open at my school. I applied for all three. My principal called me in and offered me full time in my current position for next year. I think he was hoping I would stay in this position because it is very hard to fill. He knows my goal is to get in the classroom. I went ahead and interviewed right along with 11 other people the staff knows. I am the only one working there though that interviewed. It was a team interview with 1 first grade teacher, K teacher 2 2nd grade teachers, and my principal. I will find out next week if I got one of those. It is a touchy situation because one of the jobs is available because one of our 1st grade teachers was served with the letter not to come back. It is her third year. I work with her kids and she has told no one of the riffing. The school also paid $$$$ to train me this year in REading Recovery. I graduate in May with that 9 credit certificate. I have been able to think of nothing else but whether I got one of these positons or not. We already know the superintendent told one of our student teachers she will for sure get one of them. I never knew how political the hiring process is until this year being on the inside. My only hope is that it is all done in fairness. My principal told me it will come down to the interviews-but I am unsure if I believe that given all the other reasons they would want me in my current job. Wish me luck! I can't complain because I do have a job.