Who else is watching TWD?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kcjo13, Dec 3, 2013.

1. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Dec 3, 2013

WARNING: SPOILERS POSSIBLE!!

So, who is watching The Walking Dead series? If you're not, you should be. It is the best drama on television! It's honestly not all about the zombies (although they are scrumptious!). The drama!

The midseason finale-holy moly! I was BLOWN AWAY.

Lets talk-who is responsible for the rats? Did Carole really kill Karen and David? Is Judith dead? Why do Maggie and Lily look so alike???

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Dec 3, 2013

I almost stopped watching when one of my favorite characters met a horrid, useless end. A couple other have been taken out in one way or another, but that one had me in tears. It will take a lot for me to watch the mid-season pick-up after that one.

4. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Dec 3, 2013

I watch. I was heartbroken with another loss. Did Carol really kill Karen and David? I've thought about this. It could be...but maybe it was Carl and Carol is protecting him. How many times has Carl saved Rick's butt?????

I don't think Judith is dead.

this is a great drama that I almost never watched. It did not sound like anything I would like. However, I finally gave in to peer pressure, and watched it on Netflix, then bought a season, and now am a faithful fan.

5. BookReader813

BookReader813 Companion

Dec 3, 2013

Uh, me...

SPOILER ALERT:

[scroll down]

While I was devastated about Hershel, I say it's about darn time that someone did something about the Governor! Good riddance, dude. ;)

I am so confused about the rats, though. I have had suspicions about Bob because there will be scenes where he's just spaced out and acting weird, so I think he may have something to do with it.

6. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Dec 3, 2013

The only consolation about that episode was the Governor meeting his end! I absolutely love Michonne! I wonder what's going to happen now that everyone is split up.

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Dec 3, 2013

Michonne is my new favorite character. I want to learn more about her and her history, so I hope we get some of that next season.

I think that Judith probably isn't dead.

I agree that Bob (the alcoholic guy) is suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the rat guy.

Now that the guvhuh is gone, I wonder who the new arch-nemesis is going to be....

8. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Dec 3, 2013

That was a rough episode! DH and I were talking about how much we disliked Hershel earlier in the series, but he became such a moral center of the show. He'll be missed!

I also think that Judith is probably with one of the groups.

A student was telling me today that in the graphic novels, there's another group we meet called the Hunters who are cannibals! :eek:

9. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Dec 3, 2013

Carol?? Maybe she is that angry?

And who do you all think killed the people at the camp in the woods? Did the governor have time?

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Dec 3, 2013

Who was your favorite character? So many have died!!

11. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Dec 4, 2013

Do we know for sure the Governor is dead? Michonne's stab should have killed him (but it is TV), and we only saw his new girlie shoot, we didn't see if she shot him. Did she, instead, shoot into the ground, end up carrying him away from the zombies moving in? I hope not.

Judith is alive, I think.

I thought the fight scene between Rick and the Gov was acted really well by Rick (and, sometimes I think his acting is bad). But, he did the strangle scene very well, and the struggle he had as Carl finally broke down ... very well done.

Never have trusted that Carl ... it could be (like another poster wrote), that he is the one who burned the bodies and Carol covered for him. I'd like to rewatch the scene, now, where Carol asks Carl if he is going to rat her out for training the kids ... I'd like to see if there is any foreshadowing in the dialogue.

And, I lol'ed when Tyresse saw that he was saved by those two little girls. That one little girl is going to be a problem, though.

12. BookReader813

BookReader813 Companion

Dec 4, 2013

I loved the part when the little girls came out holding guns. So funny! I was like, "Awesome!!!" :lol:

13. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

Dec 4, 2013

I would like to add that tyress is alive because Carol taught those girls how to defend themselves. So if Carol is the killer as she claims......I really want Carol back!

14. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Dec 4, 2013

Good point, but I assumed he was dead when they recapped deaths from the episode on The Talking Dead.

15. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Dec 4, 2013

I don't watch The Talking Dead.

16. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Dec 4, 2013

:eek:

Why not? You should!

17. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Dec 4, 2013

Sunday was the first time I've ever watched. I'll definitely start tuning in more often.

18. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Dec 4, 2013

My thoughts:

The Governor is totally dead, and Robert Kirkman (the comic book creator) pretty much confirms that in this article: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/02/the-walking-dead-robert-kirkman-midseason-finale/

I totally think Judith is dead. Something has to push Rick and Carl back over the edge.

The little crazy girl with the gun who named the zombies is the rat mutilator. She's nuts.

If you haven't read the graphic novels, you're missing out! Get the compendiums for Christmas!

19. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Dec 4, 2013

I DVR The Walking Dead.

20. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2013

I don't think Judith is dead. After Tyreese was saved by the girls, they ran off and he said, "No, it's this way!" -- they ignored him, because they were going back to get Judith. Plus, they're a bunch of little girls and I refuse to believe they're simply going to forget a baby in their care. I predicted Sophia's death back in season 2, but I really don't think Judith is dead. Though a zombie infant would be really creepy.

I think the psycho blonde girl is the rat vivisectionist, though. I agree with bandnerdtx. Seriously, some of the scenes in Internment, where she was playing with blood with her foot, and where she was treating one of the walkers as a slightly stupid child, "Come here, boy, come on". She's wayy far gone. And I notice she has gotten over her resistance towards killing living humans, too...

I found it a bit hard to believe Carol was the killer, but I can't really picture anyone else doing it, either.

21. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Dec 4, 2013

You can DVR The Talking Dead, too. :)

22. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

Dec 5, 2013

I also don't think that Judith is dead. Rick and Carl can't get pushed over the edge-this is where Rick (or maybe Carl...) needs to step up and lead again, so they can't afford to go crazy. Plus, like someone else said, they recap the deaths on Talking Dead, and made a point of saying that they couldn't confirm her death.

Lastly....how creepy and morbid would a zombie infant be??? eek!

23. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 6, 2013

Thanks for the comic book idea. I am off to order it now.