Who else is starting this week?

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by TennisPlayer, Aug 30, 2008.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 30, 2008

I start school on Wednesday! They're still painting murals in our rooms so they may not be done but I hope they will have all of the paint cans, etc at least hidden until the evenings :)

Good luck to everyone! :)

3. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Aug 30, 2008

We start this week -- teachers/staff on Tuesday, students come back on Thursday.

Good luck to everyone, also!

4. BackpocketNJ

BackpocketNJ Rookie

Aug 31, 2008

The first day for my students is on Thursday. I have in-services starting on Tuesday.

I feel like I have been working though because I was working on my class and going through a ton of boxes for all of last week. The week prior to that, I was going through 4 days of new teacher training.

5. krysmorgsu

krysmorgsu Cohort

Aug 31, 2008

I start Tuesday with the general teacher orientation (new teacher orientation was 2 weeks ago). The students start Wednesday with a half-day.. of which I'll only have my AP class, and my Latin IIs - the other two periods we're having on Wednesday is my planning period and hall duty! I'm so excited, but I'm frustrated with my room. Apparently, no one really shows up in the school until Tuesday - so the teachers who were in there before (it was a shared room) - still have all their stuff in there. From what I understand, most of the teachers stay till 7 or 8 pm that day to get their classrooms ready - I was hoping not to do that, but now I'll have to stay at least an hour or 2!

6. krysmorgsu

krysmorgsu Cohort

Aug 31, 2008

Forgot this: they still haven't gone through all the textbooks, so I don't even know which of my new textbooks are in yet!

7. MrTeacher

MrTeacher Rookie

Aug 31, 2008

In-service Tuesday, in-service + open house Wednesday, Kids come on Thursday!

My room still isn't set up as much as I'd like it to be... some what stressing out =( haha

8. teachin4ever

teachin4ever Cohort

Aug 31, 2008

My kids start Wednesday. It's a half day for them. I'm VERY excited for school to start!!

9. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 31, 2008

Wow- some of you start very late! I would have thought Tuesday would be the latest- but waiting until Wednesday or Thursday... Wow!

Good luck to all!

10. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Aug 31, 2008

I DO!!! I DO!!! We have new student orientation on Tuesday and we start school on Wednesday--- extended homeroom and shorter periods. Thursday is when we have a normal schedule.

I'm super excited and super nervous!! :D

11. pontiac8411

pontiac8411 Rookie

Aug 31, 2008

I just started on the 25th. I was so nervous, but i am great at compartmentalizing my fear and I was fine. Everything went well!

12. SciTeacherNY

SciTeacherNY Companion

Aug 31, 2008

We have conference days on Tues and Wed, and then the students come in on Thursday.