Who else is a new teacher?

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by otterpop, Aug 6, 2014.

1. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Aug 6, 2014

Hi!

Who else out there will be a new teacher this year?

I am going to be teaching 4th grade and am really excited!

I am a newly licensed teacher, but have taught ESL abroad and preschool, as well as worked with several school programs. I am excited to meet my students and have been reading professional development books and collecting ideas on pinterest all summer! I am also moving cross states to take the job, which I hate (just the packing process I hate, I wil be happy to be there).

If you're new, what have you been doing to get prepared? What are you looking forward to or anxious about?

3. tigger88

tigger88 Rookie

Aug 6, 2014

Hello :) I am a new teacher!! I just got hired last week and school starts next week :dizzy: I have been busy trying to get my room ready :eek: Tues night is Open House and my room is nowhere near ready because Monday was my first day in the room.

I went and bought some bulletin board supplies today and am hoping to get them completed tomorrow. I also want to write a welcome letter to my students and parents to have ready for next Tues.

I still have a lot to do and very little time to get it done!!!

4. chitown

chitown Companion

Aug 7, 2014

I still consider myself a new teacher since I was just an LTS last year. I spent most of my summer concentrating on interviews, but I've been gathering books and supplies, doing some reading, daydreaming, etc. I feel like I'm looking forward to EVERYTHING and I'm anxious about everything at the same time, too! I still don't know what grade level I'll be teaching (I'm sped), don't know if I'll have my own space (I'm inclusion), so things are still very much up in the air for me. I student taught 4th grade and LTS'ed in 2nd grade, and I loved them both so congrats to both of you! I hope you'll share your experiences as the year progresses.

5. StarsofTommorow

StarsofTommorow Companion

Aug 9, 2014

MEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited to do something constructive with my life.

6. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Aug 10, 2014

Worked 2 years as a sub, last year in 2 LTS positions. This year will be my first year full-time :D

7. nyteach89

nyteach89 Companion

Aug 10, 2014

I am a new teacher as well! So nervous

8. MissyB

MissyB Rookie

Aug 10, 2014

Another first year. I have orientation tomorrow and the kids arrive on the 18th.

I've been working in my classroom on-and-off for the last few days but it didn't hit me that it was really mine until I found the class roster and saw my name at the top. I'm so thankful no one was around to witness my freak out and happy dance.:whistle:

9. Teacher Gii

Teacher Gii Companion

Aug 12, 2014

For the most part, I am a new teacher and will be teaching 4th grade too!!! I am extremely nervous and excited. I have been looking mainly at Pinterest..I honestly didn't think i would land a job for this school year, so I haven't really read anything professional wise until recently.

Right now, our rooms aren't even ready to go in to and setup :( which kind of sucks because once teacher pre-service begins, we will have very limited time in the classroom due to meetings and workshops.