Who else hasn't seen or read Twilight?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Apr 18, 2009

Its nice to find out that I am not alone in avoiding reading books with a lot of hype. I avoided the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series for much the same reason, but I was doing some volunteer work with sick kids, and one of the girls I was visiting asked me to read the first one to her, and I got hooked from that!

2. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 18, 2009

I haven't read or watched Twilight. I usually avoid the fantasy genre, though.

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Apr 18, 2009

I read the first book WAY back before it was popular. By the time it was all the rage I was over it. I don't like romance novels or vampires, but I did like the book more than I'd have expected . . . but not enough to read all of them or see the movie.

4. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Apr 18, 2009

I have not read it... i want to see the movie so i can make fun of the sparkley vampires. I'm ok with vampires..
    I LOVED Buffy the Vampire slayer and Angel, I just cannot get into Twilight or even Harry Potter... I've tried to read Ann Rice and just cannot do it, but I loved the smaller stories by L.J. Smith (I was a big fan of Night World)

5. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Apr 19, 2009

I haven't read the books or seen the movies. I might try reading the first book this summer to see what the big deal is, but I'm not really a fan of vampire stuff. If I like it despite that than I'll know it's good stuff.