Who else has a snow day today?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by DrivingPigeon, Dec 20, 2012.

1. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Dec 20, 2012

I'm hoping for another one tomorrow, too. I would hate to go back for just one more day and then have winter break. We're supposed to have our parties, and if school is cancelled, the parties are not going to be rescheduled, which I would looooooove (the parties are a headache).

I'm getting so much done today!

3. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2012

I am retired, everyday is a snow day to me :lol:

4. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Dec 20, 2012

Wherever you are, I'm on my way! We didn't have a single snowflake last winter! And Irishdave, don't rub it in! LOL!

5. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Dec 20, 2012

Certainly no snow here ;) I'm on Summer break!!!

6. perplexed

perplexed Comrade

Dec 20, 2012

I was sort of hoping a little, but we just got rain. A lot of teachers called in sick today because they got snow where they live.

7. Joy

Joy Cohort

Dec 20, 2012

We had a snow day here. I'm thankful because I am really sick today with a virus. I'm just hoping that there is no school tomorrow so that I don't have to lead the all school holiday sing along. I honestly don't feel well enough to do it but no one else in the school can lead it. The kids would be absolutely crazy. It's the last thing they do before going on break and after having a snow day, they've already checked out. I don't know how I would even try to control them all with no voice!

8. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Dec 20, 2012

Sounds like we may have one tomorrow. But, I think I would like to go to school and get the party over.. we will have it when we come back if there is a snow day. It would be nice to have a day to get some work done around the house though.

9. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2012

Wait isn't Costa Rica north of the equator? Technically you still have winter and summer! So it has to be "winter?"
    I know you may only have a dry season and a wet season. Or wet and wetter?
    :lol:

10. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Dec 20, 2012

I had a snow day today!!!! Hoping for a 2 hour late start for tomorrow!! We won't have another snow day tomorrow, sadly our superintendent is against having snow days! It helps when they close the interstates!!! :)

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 20, 2012

Where are you Pige? I saw National Guard rescuing stranded motorists on the news.

12. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Dec 20, 2012

We had one...FINALLY!! :) Our last snow day was nearly 2 years ago.

I do hope we go back tomorrow because I don't want to make up the party when we come back. I would be a huge fan of a 2 hour delay to go along with our already scheduled early out! :D

13. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Dec 20, 2012

Had a snow day today and are getting another one tomorrow. Can't say I'm disappointed. Thrilled to extend our break by 2 days. Spent over 2 hours wrapping presents.

14. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Dec 20, 2012

Snow day here! It was lovely- and a good call on the part of the district. The best part is that we knew already yesterday afternoon.

15. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Dec 20, 2012

We were supposed to get tons of snow on Wednesday and ended up with maybe an inch. I was disappointed! It takes a lot to close my district (we don't have busses) but they will close if it's really, really bad. The original talk was of 8-12 inches with highways being closed...I guess I'll have to hold out for more snow in January! My previous district didn't have snow days at all (even in blizzards with highways closed) so I am excited about even the prospect of having one!

16. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Dec 20, 2012

No snow day here, we haven't had snow in years (and when we do, it is pitiful!). We get out at 11 tomorrow and it is party day, it is a headache, but fun too and I look back ay my own parties happily.

17. Joy

Joy Cohort

Dec 20, 2012

I just found out that tomorrow will be another snow day!!! I'm so glad because I am so sick right now I don't know how I would have gone. I wish that we didn't have to make it up at the end of the year but I'm okay with it since I'm sick.

18. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Dec 21, 2012

I'm in Wisconsin. I think we got around 9-12 inches in my area.

We have a 2-hour delay today. Better than nothing!

19. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 21, 2012

I'm offifically on my Christmas vacation starting today (well technically 2:30pm yesterday). It doesn't snow where I am, but it may be when I drive to Vegas on the 26th.