Who else couldn't sleep last night?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Mrs. K., Jan 5, 2009.

1. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2009

Ugh! I should have been in bed by 10 but stayed up to put away laundry and watch the end of the last Star Wars movie (which looks great in HD but is still a pretty bad movie!) When we turned out the lights it was close to 11:30, and then I couldn't sleep because of anticipation. The alarm went off at 4:51, and I figure I'm working on about 4 hours sleep. :yawn:

3. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jan 5, 2009

I had a decent night's sleep, but that's because I fell asleep at 7:45. I woke up at 3:00 and have been up since. I decided to go into work early, since I did NOTHING during the break. I'll be tired again tonight but I'll have to force myself to stay up.

the dumb thing is I ordered Dark Knight on demand, watched 8 minutes of it and turned it off because I was too tired. Hopefully it won't expire before I get the chance to watch it today!

4. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Jan 5, 2009

ugh you and me both. i actually didn't hit the hay until almost 11:30 and even then i had a hard time staying asleep. i kept waking up all night and then FINALLY around 4 a.m. I went into a deep sleep, only to be woken up an hour and a half later by the alarm clock :(

The kids are taking it easy on me today. I guess they're still tired from the holiday. I'm sure they'll be up to their usual antics within a day or so. Hooray

EDIT: I was flipping back and forth between Rock of Love (how can people act like that on television?! ugh) and Clean House

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jan 5, 2009

I stayed up late last night as well, but thought I would be able to sleep in this morning. I didn't realize I would feel so bad about today. When I laid down to go to sleep, all I could think about was how my kids were feeling when they were going to sleep, wondering about their new teacher and the new room. I got really tense and angry, and slept very poorly. Then I woke up at the exact time they would be lining up to go inside this morning, and couldn't get back to sleep. But I got about 3 more hours of sleep than I would have if I were working, so that's a bonus.

6. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Jan 5, 2009

I could not sleep either! I am a first year teacher and I thought it was just still first year jitters and insecurities! I was too anxious to sleep. It felt like the night before the first day if school. Teacher Lyn my kids were easy on me too! I was thinking the same things about them being tired, they were zombies this morning!

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 5, 2009

I was up all night, but not because of school.

Five year old Kira had a stomach bug, and I spent the night in Julia's bed, helping Kira.

Then when things were quiet, I was thinking about today's radiation treatment.

School wasn't even a blip on the radar.

8. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2009

I wasnt think ing aout school but i also went to bed around 1130 and was up by 4. Seems to be a theme. :)

9. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Jan 5, 2009

I went to sleep about 11:00 p.m., and woke up at 3:00 a.m. I could not go back to sleep! I never have a problem sleeping! I think I am bothered with knowing we have finals this week AND I start a new semester of Master's work. I guess I'm a little apprehensive about all of the work! AAGGHH!

10. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jan 5, 2009

I didn't get to sleep until almost midnight because I couldn't stop reading Twilight (almost done!) When my alarm went off at 4:30 I had no problem getting up because my mind was racing. Now it's hitting me how tired I am, though.

11. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jan 5, 2009

I couldn't sleep...but i rarely get to sleep...

We got our schedules today during pre-planning...I have switched 30 kids out of 44 into another class...and will be getting 30 from him...same thing with my anatomy classes...it's crazy!

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 5, 2009

What's the reasoning for the switch? Is it the same course, midyear? Or an entirely different course?

13. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jan 5, 2009

Year courses...I really don't know why they switch so much...I was told, "The way their schedules fell..."So...it's like I am starting a new school year again.

14. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Jan 5, 2009

I'm glad to hear that Linds! Hopefully it'll last until the next holiday, but don't count on it! Mine were good until after recess. Then they became EXTREMELY chatty. :mad:

15. Goldie

Goldie Companion

Jan 5, 2009

We had 5 inches of snow yesterday. I curled up on the couch with a cozy blanket and fell asleep right after 8 p.m. Slept until 3 am (yes, on the couch as 3 loads of laundry to be folded were on the bed!!) Turned on the space heaters in bedroom and bathroom and back on the couch till the alarm at 5 am. My house uses propane to heat and cook so when it is only me at home the thermostat is set in the low 60's and I use the space heaters. Last winter I had a $600 propane bill for one month that's why the temp is low and I use space heaters. AND....
    we had late start (10 am) because the roads were bad. I live in a rural part of Eastern Arizona.

16. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2009

I couldn't sleep last night either. I'm in the process of buying a house, grad school starts this week, and so does school. I also have 4 billion things to do...I'm such a mess.

17. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

Jan 5, 2009

I couldn't sleep either! It was very difficult for me to get up this morning. Even my puppy was looking at me like "are we really getting up now?"

18. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jan 5, 2009

I had a hard time sleeping too. I think I got out of bed 10 times, seriously!

19. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jan 5, 2009

I think I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30. Crawled up to bed around 11:00. Up at 4:10.

20. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 5, 2009

Hugs to you gals with really serious problems.

I couldn't sleep for all the normal reasons. Excitement about going back, thinking of all I had to do. Plus, I napped yesterday then couldn't fall asleep until after 1 AM. Luckily, we didn't have kids today. They'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning.

21. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jan 5, 2009

Couldn't fall asleep until after 1 am!!!!! Woke up at 6 and again at 7 and I was dragging all day!!!!!!!

22. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jan 5, 2009

ME! Oh my goodness. My husband didn't sleep either, he said he may have gotten 2 hours, if that. I just felt like I kept waking up constantly every 30 minutes or so...I just couldn't get comfortable!! Oddly enough, I'm not even that tired today...go figure! :)

23. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jan 5, 2009

I was up all night, but that's b/c my son (11 months) has an ear infection and chest cold, so he spent the night coughing and I spent the night trying to soothe him. I don't go back to school until next Monday, thankfully, so hopefully we'll be getting more sleep by then.