Who Drinks Cucumber Water?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 6, 2015

This seems to be the yr I'm being a bit more health-conscious. I'm taking my vitamins on a more regular basis & I'm adding a few splashes of organic apple cider vinegar to at least one of my several glasses of drinking water.

Now, who drinks cucumber water? I want to try this too. Are there any particular cucumbers that are more beneficial than others & do you add anything else in the water to enhance the flavor such as mint, etc.? I don't particularly care for cucumbers, but I add them to my salads sometimes.

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 6, 2015

I usually drink my water plain, but will sometimes give it a kick with citrus slices, berries, cucumber, mint, apple, whatever I have in the fridge.

I find cucumber alone really refreshing, but will sometimes add some mint as well.

4. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 6, 2015

I don't care for cucumbers-they taste too earthy in my water. My favorite water addition is pineapple. You can't really tell it's pineapple, but it's fresh.

I also LOVE to add essential oils to my water (in a glass bottle-the oil will break down plastic). 2-3 drops of lemon oil is amazing.

5. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Mar 6, 2015

Cucumber works best in a gin and tonic. Otherwise it is just plate decoration or a sandwich ingredient.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Mar 6, 2015

I love cucumbers, but not in my water.

7. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Mar 6, 2015

I like water with ice only.

I am now into week 6 or 7 of no soda. I NEVER thought I could leave soda behind. But, I just up and did it.

Now, I only drink water or tea. No flavoring, no sweeteners.

8. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Mar 6, 2015

I briefly mentioned earlier, but I'll reiterate - if you're not drinking from a glass water bottle, I HIGHLY recommend it. It truly does change the way water tastes-or I should say, plastic changes the way it tastes. Water from glass is cleaner, crisper, and is just better. I found mine on Amazon.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 6, 2015

kcjo13, good point about drinking from glass as opposed to plastic! I drink water w/ lemon slices often & I need to make sure I'm always drinking from my glass rather than my plastic drinkware.

10. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Mar 6, 2015

Cucumber with lemon

I love cucumber water with lemon. I use a citrus pitcher from amazon and pour that into my glass. I've also switched to glass water bottles-- what a difference!

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 6, 2015

I got an infuser pitcher as a gift, but that's made of plastic, so I should get a glass one.

12. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Mar 6, 2015

I like cucumber with lime and mint. Very refreshing.

I also like cucumber, lemon, mint and ginger ale with Pimms. A nice adult beverage.

13. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Mar 7, 2015

Water with cucumber, lemon and mint. Delicious!

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 15, 2015

I'm drinking some right now for the 1st time & it's good! I'm using organic English cucumber.

15. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Mar 15, 2015

How do you make cucumber water? Just add the slices? I put fruit & chia seeds in carbonated water, with a splash of lime. That's tasty and refreshing as well.

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 15, 2015

Yes, I just put a good amount of slices (about 10) in my glass of water. The taste is very nice & I'll be drinking it a lot more often. I think I like it better than lemon water.

I've also started drinking water w/ a few splashes of organic apple cider vinegar, which of course has it's own numerous benefits as well.

Speaking of chia seeds, I have a bag of that too & sprinkle that in quite a few meals, yogurt, & smoothies.

17. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2015

I will have to try that! We always have cucumber in the house ( we just eat them sliced with a little salt, chile and lemon..sometimes I dip them in hummus...truly a delicious snack!). I am going to get apple cider vinegar to start putting in my water since I have been reading all about its benefits lately!

18. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 16, 2015

Good idea about dipping cucumber slices in hummus! :thumb: I've really gotten into hummus the last 2 yrs & dipping a veggie such as a carrot stick, celery stick, bell pepper slice (or cucumber) is healthier than a pita or tortilal chip!