Who decide go to substitute in certain school district?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by jennie, Mar 21, 2008.

1. jennie

jennie Rookie

Mar 21, 2008

Who decide the substitute teacher to go to substitute in their or certain school district?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Mar 21, 2008

Are you asking who chooses the substitute for a particular assignment? In our district it's done by computer.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 21, 2008

If you're asking what Cassie thinks, then its done by computer here as well.

5. 1gdteach

1gdteach Companion

Mar 21, 2008

I'm almost positive that in my school district it is done by computer, but I also think that teachers can request a certain sub if it is one that has been in their class before and they did a really GREAT job. I also know that there are some Education majors that sign up to sub, but they only go to certain to schools instead of with the whole district so they get picked first at those schools.

6. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Mar 21, 2008

Our school secretary schedules all our subs. She makes the calls and the assignments. We have about 4 retired teachers that all of us would like to have in our room. There are 2 subs that I request to NEVER be assigned to my room.

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Mar 21, 2008

We can request a sub (he/she can then accept or decline) or we can leave it open for anyone to pick up. I usually request a sub because some subs cannot handle kindergarten for different reasons. Also, the kids really love one particular sub and I know that they are going to have a good day with her and get their work done.

8. tomfoolery

tomfoolery Rookie

Mar 21, 2008

Our district has a sub coordinator who makes the assignments. Fortunately I was on her good side and had work nearly every day last year. It probably helped that I never said "No" to an assignment no matter how unsure I was about it.

9. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Mar 29, 2008

In my district it is also a secretary that does the phone calls